Author Topic: 2016 - A month in Arillas  (Read 8232 times)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
2016 - A month in Arillas
« on: August 16, 2015, 11:21:22 AM »
I've booked a month from 4th July to 1st August for 2016! Staying with the delightful Bardis family at the Bardis Sun Studios again. This year the temperature some days towards the end of July was near to the 45* mark along with 97% humidity, hard to believe now that I'm back in temperate Yorkshire, so aircon has to be part of my plan next year. The Brouklis is a great place to stay, large bathroom, spotlessly clean, lots of clean towels and bedding and near to everything, along with a genuinely warm welcome, but I definitely need aircon next year just in case the temperature is that high again.

I've emailed Dimitris explaining why I'm changing accommodation this time and he said it was even too hot for him and he has aircon!

Only 46 weeks to go, see, I'm doing that counting thing again :-)       

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: 2016 - A month in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 12:37:39 PM »

Karen we will definitely miss you next year, booked last two weeks in June and it will be end of August for our second visit I think.

Air con is a must for us too, unless we come early or late in the season.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 12:54:01 PM »
Come On Val Wake Up It's All There If You Look For It,,,,you need to be early though

Super impressed with this and all I can say is:-

On your anniversary , next year , find an easier way of travelling over.

Our best wishes
Negg n Wegg

That Neil gets up early or never goes to bed.

Wendy n Stu - We will be hovering awaiting your return.

Arillas Today????? - Just what every body wants. It suits all and moulds itself to the needs of all here.

Well..... Tis good for me anyway.

Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 04:18:17 PM »
Karen we should definitely meet at last next year then. We are booked at Bardis Sun Studios from 27  June to 8 July. We couldn't manage without the aircon. Love the Bardis family. It will be our 3rd time staying there but trying to keep the wonderful Bardis family a secret! Ssssh!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »
John R - An Egg never sleeps but just remains coddled.
The brain maybe scrambled and, in this heat, possibly fried!'
But ..... I am not one to poach a forum posting so just wish Karen a super month here for 2016.
(And if her Air Con is not good enough,  for a small price I will stand by her bed and wave an ostrich fan , all night.
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 06:13:58 PM »
I have no Idea why my post for Val is Here it should be under her Where is everyone post ?

Senior moment me thinks

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 06:45:46 PM »
Thought that John. But hey, who cares? Arillas has that effect on the brain..... you just forget all the troubles and all the cares, and just dream of being there whenever you're not. Totally forgiven..........

Phil

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 10:48:00 PM »
Val and Bill, we were inches away from each other this year, such a shame we didn't get to say hello .... maybe 2017, then. Or, if not, any other year will be good to meet you both, I think we are annual visitors for ever more to our paradise!

Sonia, that's fab news, it'll be good to meet you too next year.

Neill, that's so kind of you, thank you very much,  I would be delighted to ..... refuse your offer :-)

Phil and Jen, if you're there when I am next year, I promise not to break your ribs everyday with enormous, crushing hugs - I think I was just so happy to be there this year that whenever I saw you both there wasn't any words to say that could fully express my happiness, so I just gave you both hugs that could convey all our silent knowing that we were 'home' and that we recognised as much in each other?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 11:15:44 PM »
Bugger - I knew I made the wrong choice with the bird's feather!

Seriously though.... We had air con installed 2 years ago and have only started using it this July n August. If 2016 brings us the same temps then it is a must to have the option of air con. Not cheap to run though and although many Villas supply it f.o.c. most use a sensor device that switches it off if any doors or windows are left open. (Stops forgetful guests from leaving it running during the day)

Cheers
Negg.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 11:33:43 PM »
Karen meluvver, we are already booked at Bardis Sun Studios from 8th July for 3 weeks. So rib-crushing will be inevitable. My ribs get crushed every time I arrive in Arillas. It is part of the experience. Neill will deliver vodka and collect goodies from UK. John and Dot will join us on table 13. Bobby will be a year older and we will celebrate his birthday. Poppy will look 20 years younger and cook us glorious food. Arillas life will be like it was this summer. GLORIOUS!!!!

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 11:55:19 PM »

Glad you're joining the the senior moment gang John......you know what I mean, mixing up your posts, not recognising certain people when they are wearing odd looking hats. 😜😄

Sorry for hijacking your post Karen x

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 12:57:48 AM »
July is going to see us at Table 13 Again Karen .....Already looking forward to it.
We Arrive on Thursday 14th 2016,,, although table 13 will be used before that as we are over for the 2nd & 3rd weeks of May   :-)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 10:12:18 AM »
Ahh John and Dot, it can't come quickly enough. Patience is a virtue and a virtue I don't possess when it comes to waiting for Arillas. 

Booking.com