Author Topic: afionas  (Read 2506 times)

Offline summertime

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
afionas
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:02:56 AM »
hi can anyone tell me is it far from arillas to afionas. would you be able to walk to it.
how long would it take

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
Re: afionas
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 11:32:46 AM »
Hi Summer.  It's not too far to Afionas as the crow flies, but quite a long way by road as they are so winding!  Also the hills are quite a hike.  In the days when I could walk it, it took about 45 minutes and the last time I did it two years ago, it took me just over an hour.  Now, well that's another story and we have to go in a car. :(  However, whichever way you do it it's worth all the sweat!  The views from the headland are to die for and the lovely little village is so picturesque.  I have been know to cry when I leave it :)  Go for it.  You won't regret it.
Ann x

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 01:52:54 PM »
Yes as Ann says it is walkable and a lot of people do walk. However, it depends on how fit you are and how hot it is. I would go early morning if you are going to walk. Like Ann also says definitely worth it as the views are amazing.

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 09:38:33 PM »
Have walked it a few times, 45mins to an hour is about right, had a knee replacement last year, so couldn't walk it, but booked a taxi with Olga, at Olga Travel, took us up at night, had a nice meal, and she picked us up later, much later! cost 20 euros, between four of us I reckon its worth it.
As everyone says, if you do walk it, set off early morning, 9ish, before it gets to hot, and take plenty of water! we will be going up in two weeks time when we arrive for eleven days of heaven! again!

Booking.com