Author Topic: hi all  (Read 2359 times)

Offline summertime

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
hi all
« on: August 22, 2015, 08:45:45 PM »
hi all just wondering about mosquitoes are there many around this year.
will arillas be busy the third week of september.
we hope to go to the night owl is that far from arillas.  would it be nice to go for dinner in the evening how would you get there?

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: hi all
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 09:51:52 PM »
The mozzies are in full flood this year, summer. Even I got bitten - never one in 13 years before. Spray your 50% DEET on feet and lower legs both morning and evening. And evenings spray any exposed skin.

Arillas will be quiet by comparison to peak season in 3rd week of September. But still very open and alive. Many find this the best time of the year to be there, including us. Until next year we were bound by term-time and September is impossible, but we are off the leash from July 2016! Beware - there can be spectacular thunderstorms, but they just add to the drama and the enjoyment. Usually after a few hours the summer returns, cooler (mercifully) and brighter.

Nikos and Linda at Night Owl are the perfect hosts. His chicken souvlakia are the best in NW Corfu. It is on the way to Afionas. You can walk if you're a keep-fit die hard, but maybe a taxi or a lift from your accommodation hosts might be less strenuous. It isn't really very far from Arillas. Make sure you do it - a truly Greek Night in authentic surroundings with great food.

Phil

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
Re: hi all
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 10:07:23 PM »
My son says that Night Owl pork chops are the best that he has ever tasted😀

Booking.com