Author Topic: Gutted :(  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Laura

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Gutted :(
« on: September 03, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
We missed Arillas this year as I had a baby and were looking forward to taking the little one next May. We are very limited with choice of flights. We can only do package with Thomson from Belfast or independent from Dublin. The package price is quite expensive and only offers us Kaloudis for accomodation. We stayed there last year and was totally fine but it's working out expensive at £900 for a week and we would hate to have an apartment close to the bar so would be taking a risk. The Dublin option isnt going to be practical as the flight out is at 5.55am and the airport is 100 miles travel for us therefore would really mean an overnight stay with the little one (an extra 100 euro on top of the 500 euro for flights then transfer and accomodation).
I'm gutted..I really want to go back but I just can't justify 900 pounds for a week...we paid that for 2 weeks last year!!
Another option we could do would be fly to England and fly easyjet using family to stay with for stop over....what do people pay in average for flights from the mainland...what do consider readonable??
Thanks, sorry for long post :)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Gutted :(
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »
SO hard to say but I would say £200 return per flight with luggage is good.........
The price difference between one week and two weeks will rarely be a lot as the vast amount of the price of your holiday is the flight , especially with holidays to Greece I would say
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Laura

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 02:20:39 PM »
Thanks truth!! Really want to return because I know if we book elsewhere for example spain we wouldnt enjoy it and will just wish every day that we were in Arillas!! I might look at connecting flight via england although not ideal but at least we have family to stay with!! I might look at 2 weeks package and compare. Thanks again!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 02:21:34 PM »
No problem at all Flora. Good look with everything :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 10:42:44 PM »
Hi Flora, we flew from Belfast this year with thomson but booked flight only, we stayed in Marvel and Kostas collected us from the airport and took us back again.  We paid £299 each with two 20 kg luggage for the flights and our accommodation and transfer worked out at 630 euro, this was for two weeks at end of July, accommodation would be less in May.  We didn't book the flights until March when the prices dropped quite a bit, just kept checking from time to time.   Also Olympic flew from Belfast this year on a Monday  10.30 am flight out the one coming home leaves corfu at 7 am, might be difficult with the wee one.  If you are prepared to take a chance you might get a good deal about a month before you intend going as Thomson seemed to do quite good late deals early in the season.  Good luck
Sandra and Jim

Offline Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 04:23:07 PM »
If I were you I would contact Kostas Makris at the Marvel - they have twin rooms and also have a cot for your little one. Then you could go on Thomson flight only :-)
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Booking.com