Author Topic: Missed The Boat!!!  (Read 11143 times)

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Missed The Boat!!!
« on: September 07, 2015, 10:57:06 AM »
Sods Law!!! - I've been checking airline websites regularly for next Years releases - Been away for the weekend with no internet access & miss the Ryanair releases. (Was under the impression they were due in October?)

All the East Midlands & Leeds Bradford flights have now gone - These would have been preferable due to the flight times.

There are still Manchester flights available but the times aren't ideal and with baggage and booking seats come in at roughly £380.

This is still much cheaper than Thomas Cook or Jet2 but I must admit I was hoping it might have been a little less.

Now I find myself wondering whether to bite the bullet and book or wait for Easy Jet with the hope we can get more favourable flight times.

Does anyone on here also from 'ooop' North have any experience of this? - what are the flight times and like Ryanair do Easy Jet charge for luggage etc?

thanks In Advance

Neil & Jill

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Missed The Boat!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »
Luton is probably too far away for you Neil and Jill, but to give you an idea of prices here are the details of my flight for next Sunday. Also the flight is at 6.30 am so we are in Arillas by 1.00pm

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 12:34:37 PM »
I think Ryanair will probably be releasing more flights. The Manchester Easyjet ones will be out October and please could some kind person post when they are out or when they think they are going to be out. I have to be honest, the Easyjet flights last year from Manchester were not great flight times. We flew out about 5.30 pm and arrived in arillas about midnight and coming back we flew out about 11.30 pm and didn't arrive in Manchester til about 1 am.
 However the flights were £189 each and that included luggage and had we booked as soon as released they would only have been about £150 each. I have looked at Thomas Cook flights as, like you, East Midlands would be better but they are £220 each without luggage and I am not keen on flying Thomas Cook again as we did a couple of years ago and there were a lot of same sex parties of teenagers on the flight  going to Kavos on package holidays and a policewoman got on the flight before we even set off. Having said that, Thomas Cook handled it really well but I wish to avoid in future.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »
Easyjet flights up until the 26th June 2016 are due to be released on 10th September. Easyjet's website is still saying  flights after this to be released early October. See link below. When are you planning on going Neil & Jill?
See link below

http://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »
Hi Sonia

Thanks for the link......

We have provisionally booked our accommodation from 1st July (+/- 3 days).

Previously we have booked package deals with Thomsons from both Leeds & Manchester which fly early Friday morning but more importantly fly home again early afternoon which we like.

Ideally we would prefer these type of flight times as we are there in good time and when leaving we are not killing time (Up, Breakfast & off).

As Truth mentioned in another post if you book separate flights in and out there is a saving to be made as flights, luggage and seat booking are in Euro - The Ryanair flights from Manchester on Thursday 30th June & returning Thursday 14th July come in at £391 with extras & booking separately.

My biggest worry is that I hang on hoping for decent flight times which may not happen and end up having to pay £500 or so......

Decisions......Decisions......

Thanks Again

Neil & Jill

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 01:28:33 PM »
Terry

Apologies - When I initially looked at your post I couldn't see the prices.

WOW - £20 each - I pay more than that for 20 mile taxi trip!!

I flew to Germany on business earlier this Year from Luton & must admit I found the drive a little tedious but I'm going too take look now - If I can get those prices I'd be happy to drive down.

Thanks

Neil & jill

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 01:33:27 PM »
Terry

Had a quick look - There doesn't seem to be flights to Corfu from Luton (perhaps I didn't look properly?) but there are from Stansted - However flight times and prices are pretty similar to those of Manchester.

Thanks Again

Neil & Jill

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 02:12:04 PM »
"All the East Midlands & Leeds Bradford flights have now gone - These would have been preferable due to the flight times."
Are you sure ?  I am thinking they haven't been released yet but the Ryanair website says "sold out" .  I would be amazed if they have all sold out to be honest
I know that's the case with Easter flights back from Tenerife next year ?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 02:23:06 PM »
Hi Truth

Perhaps your right and the Leeds Bradford/East Midlands flights haven't been released yet - I hope so?

You would think if that was the case though it would just state "No Flight"?

Best Regards

Neil & Jill

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 02:25:44 PM »
It depends what more important to you Neil & Jill - a good price or flight times. If not too bothered about flight times, I would hang on for Easyjet as you will get a good price - provided you book asap as soon as released. Like I said and karl has also, I think Ryanair will release more flights and I have joined their emailing list so hopefully they will email me when more flights released. We have provisionally booked 27th June to 8th July. We could go 26th June so in theory could book our flight going out when it is released by Easyjet on 10th Sept (Thurs) and wait until beginning of October and book return flight and save some money as Karl suggests. A bit too risky though for me, I think.
You can join Ryanair's emailing list and I think they will email you when seats released. See link below
http://www.ryanair.com/en/register-for-offers/

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
"You would think if that was the case though it would just state "No Flight"?"
That would be far too sensible for them !!!  lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 02:29:55 PM »
I went on and tried to book to see and it said the reason why flights aren't available maybe that more are scheduled. It might be worth phoning them and asking. Always help to speak to an actual person, well mostly. Lol.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 02:40:59 PM »
Interesting article here - see 3rd paragraph where it says often Ryanair put no flights or sold out when seats haven't even been released yet.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/register-for-offers/

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 02:43:14 PM »

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 02:47:56 PM »
OK

So took your advice and spoke to someone - As you said not as easy as it sounds but eventually got through...

They took a look for me and said that the Leeds Bradford/East midland flights had not yet been released.

How odd that they release flights from some UK airports and not others & then state they they are "sold out"

Sonia - Thanks again - Now registered. 

Thanks for all your comments it is much appreciated - I think I'll hang on a little longer before booking but will keep you informed as to what we do as it may help others.

Neil & Jill

Booking.com