Author Topic: Devastated...Thomson have cancelled holiday-Kaloudis  (Read 28267 times)

Offline Laura

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Devastated...Thomson have cancelled holiday-Kaloudis
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »
Im so devastated. Thomson have just rang to say that they will no longer have a contract to book under 2's to the kaloudis from next year and have had to cancel our holiday...no further explanation. We have no other option as Thomson are the only flights from Belfast and the only other accomodation they offer in Arillas is Mathraki which you cannot book children onto either. I was so looking forward to this holiday....connecting via England is just ridiculously expensive and flights from Dublin (as I have explained on here previously) is so inpractical due to our daughters age.it is over 100 miles from home and the flight departs at 5.55am!! :( :(

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Devastated...Thomson have cancelled holiday-Kaloudis
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 02:28:17 PM »
That's so disappointing for you. Are there no flights at all from Belfast allowing you to go independently?
gaygo

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 03:02:38 PM »
That's terrible !  I have heard , as we all have , of adult only accommodation but never just "under 2's" ?  Weird
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 03:03:04 PM »
I'd echo the independent route.  Roula has private apartments though they are on the top floor but it's worth enquiring about them? Sure she'd have availability in May (summer is fully booked).   There are other good independent ones too as others have mentioned - Marina, Mirage, Alex Studios, Bardis Sun.  You could just do the flight with Thomson. 

Offline Laura

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 03:09:57 PM »
Thomson flights on their own are £875!! :0
Noone else flies from Belfast.
Im so confused how a 23month old cant go but a 24 month old can???
Thanks for the apartment suggestions also...im just so confused at why...im going to have to do some thinking. Have just broke my post baby diet and had a big toffee bun to try and cheer myself up! :)

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 03:15:32 PM »
what are the dates you want to go?  Belfast isn't coming up for Corfu at all.

Offline Laura

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »
20th May 2016 or 27th May 2016. We are flexible with dates..late May or early June so it isn't too hot for little one!!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 04:04:23 PM »
I am absolutely gutted for you Flora. Hope you manage to sort something else out. I know its a pain but have you considered staying in San Stefanos and hiring a car so you can go over to Arillas every day. We did that a couple of years ago as booked a last minute thing and couldn't get anywhere in Arillas. We went with Thomson to Tsaro Apartments and I would recommend them, they are very clean and the 2 bedroom apartments are big.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 04:13:16 PM »
oh flora thats such a shame. perhaps its worth a look to stay in san steph its not far over the hill (by car) hope you manage to get something sorted
ger x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »
Just had a look for you at the San Stefanos option Flora. Tsaro apartments - 2 bed apartment flying from Belfast International on 20th May, good flight times is £509 each for 2 weeks. There is also Little Prince which I would also recommend. That is only a studio though. Same dates is £432 per person.

By the way Flora - where are you from? I was born in Larne and lived there until I was 10. Will be over in Northern Ireland for a week at end of September, staying on the Antrim coast. My brother and his wife and children live near Carrickfergus.

Offline Laura

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 04:16:33 PM »
Must be an insurance or health and safety issue as it is only affecting under 2s. Might have a look at san steph...although we just love Arillas!! Thanks for looking that up sonia. We are just outside Belfast. The Antrim coast is gorgeous, we love Sundays on benone beach!!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 04:27:59 PM »
call  me sceptical Flora but I think it is probably more to do with money as under 2's go free don't they? I suspect they are thinking that in a 2 bedroom apartment they will only get paid for 2 adults in that whereas if it is 2 adults and 2 children for the same amount of time, they will make a lot more money.

Like you, we prefer Arillas to San Stefanos but it is a good second option especially as it is so near to Arillas.

Not been to benone beach will look into that. We stay at Ballygally. My daughter is especially excited to be going this time as she wants to see all the locations where Game of Thrones were filmed.

Offline Laura

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 04:54:53 PM »
Suppose it may be different if they had 1 bed apartments evwn to use for the under 2s. I feel like a travel agent with all the searching I have done. So i can fly from Dublin even though it involves an extra night stay at airport it comes in around the same price as the package because the accomodation is turning out to be cheap as chips. Got a great price for the Tria although in the photos it doesnt look like there is a hob.. is this the case? If so foes anyone know any apartments that have a hob?
Soniap....Benone is the most beautiful beach. Would definately recommend a visit. The coastal drive from ballygally is gorgeous too!!

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 06:13:56 PM »
Anna's Studios would perhaps be worth looking at, they have a hob, not that we've ever used it.
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Laura

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 06:48:20 PM »
Thanks paul!
Mirage working out reasonable also?

Booking.com