Author Topic: Devastated...Thomson have cancelled holiday-Kaloudis  (Read 28262 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Devastated...Thomson have cancelled holiday-Kaloudis
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »
Hi Flora
I would go for Mirage, we haven't stayed in the apartments but are booked in for next year after Angela gave us a look around them this year, lovely and clean with everything you should need with a little one,  right on the beach with a fab pool and play area.  We've always parked ourselves there on the days we just wanted to chill in Arillas.  Always lots of children having fun, I think it would be ideal for you.

Sharon x

Offline Laura

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:43 PM »
Thank you so much for that Sharon.  They have been so helpful too over the emails. We passed it each day last year and always thought it was an ideal location!! Were the studios open plan sharon...they have suggested one of these as the best for the little one? By the pictures the sleeping area seems separated a bit from the living area but not closed off?
I really am so grateful all the help I have been given on this forum!! Thank you

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 10:28:21 PM »
Yes they are open plan,but as you say  there is the kitchen living room area, the bathroom in the middle then the bedroom area.  If you look on mirage own website you can view them on there, happy to help, fingers crossed you get booked

Sharon x

Offline neil

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 10:46:06 PM »
we booked with tomas cook to stay at the nafsika and have been told we are going to sidari. we booked this holiday a year ago, we do not want to go to sidari but have been told by Thomas cook no apartments available in arillas

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 11:03:25 PM »
Hi Flora, maybe there may be something in my earlier post that might help you, am gutted for you.  We only found out a fortnight before we went that Olympic were doing a flight also but we'd never seen it advertised but again the return flight isn.t great.  We go next week to Majorca with family and our grandson who will be 14 months and the flight is now at 5.20 am!  Should I let you know how he copes with the flight before you consider Olympic Lol.  Try looking at the Thomson flight you will always be able to get accommodation at that time of year.

SoniaP, Jim and I live in Carrickfergus!!

Sandra

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 11:08:48 PM »

Neil......Maybe not with Thomas Cook as they have very few apartments in Arillas get your money back and rebook.... there is lots of independent accommodation in Arillas. All the information you need can be found on the forum. There are apartment and hotel lists on the accommodation page.

If you don't fancy the independent route try Thomsons, we stay at the Mathraki which is very popular but also adults only (over sixteen) as the apartments are all twin bedded, the Kaloudis is a family place, if you have children it's great.

Thomas Cook can't just send you somewhere else, they can only offer you an alternative.... but you do not have to accept it. You will get somewhere in Arillas at this time of year.

Val
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 11:22:49 PM »
See above. Couldn't agree more with what Val says
Good luck
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Laura

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 11:58:43 PM »
Hi sandra. I tried olympic but they have only released up to October for Belfast...not sure if they are stopping it next year!
We have been quoted a good price for the rainbow through thomas cook...you have me worried now!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 12:57:01 AM »
we booked with tomas cook to stay at the nafsika and have been told we are going to sidari. we booked this holiday a year ago, we do not want to go to sidari but have been told by Thomas cook no apartments available in arillas

In my opinion, if you booked for Nafsika ,  Arillas, this is a Tommy Cook problem. They have to sort it out. What will be next??? Maybe they will tell us what we have to eat in the Tavernas. (Sorry - You ordered Sofrito but only beans on toast is available now!!)

I would be in their face 24-7 until they rectified it out or gave back a generous compensation which would possibly make you think about using independent accommodation in Arillas. It is a hard one to call and at the end of the day all you want is to spend time at a place of your choice.

Sort it out, Mr Cook, and stop playing around with other peoples well earned breaks!!!!

Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 01:17:48 AM »
Sandra  know it well. What a beautiful place to live. Love Maud's ice cream shop. Sorry Flora for hijacking your thread. Hopefully you will get it sorted. We always go independent now but we do have more choice of airports and airlines because of living in Yorkshire.

Offline Laura

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 08:39:02 AM »
We cant get anywhere from Belfast. Our choices are so poor!!

Offline jackson

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 02:45:26 PM »
You are spot on neil, they booked their holiday a year ago wasn't a last minute thing TC have no excuse for messing it up

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 03:31:36 PM »
Not sure if this is any use to you at all but we are just about to book Bardis Hotel (well we think) .  Very good prices that include the aircon and breakfast and its a very highly thought of place on here , well everywhere I have looked in fairness. Ideal location too.......

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 05:59:35 PM »

Good choice, not too far from Thomas's and near the beach for the girls with the advantage of a lovely pool.

Let us know if you get booked, the trouble with a second choice is you start to weigh up if it's as good as your first choice.  Some times a change is good. As you probably already know it's a nice quiet hotel, lovely lawns and looks very safe for children.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 06:08:20 PM »
Cheers Val.
Like you say though Tria is a hard act to follow and I am SURE , even if we try not to, comparisons will be made. The rooms not going to be as big that's for sure .....
Its better for my mother in law as she's not the best on her feet and its a better location than Tria for her

Booking.com