Author Topic: Devastated...Thomson have cancelled holiday-Kaloudis  (Read 28265 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Devastated...Thomson have cancelled holiday-Kaloudis
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 11:31:03 AM »
I would definitely get a refund Flora and book independently. Bardis hotel as Truth says would be ideal as just at other end of the beach road really and in a lovely quiet spot.  Truth once you have stayed nearer to the beach you will not look back.  we stayed at Tria when the twins were 2 and we loved it but would never stay that far out now because we are just too lazy lol.

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »
A very good choice Truth.We have stayed at the Bardis Hotel many times and always been well looked after by Dorita.            One thing to remember is that is as the name implies a hotel and although there is a fridge there are no self catering provisions.           We always eat out anyway but it is a point worth remembering.                Ron & Sue.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »
I would definitely get a refund Flora and book independently. Bardis hotel as Truth says would be ideal as just at other end of the beach road really and in a lovely quiet spot.  Truth once you have stayed nearer to the beach you will not look back.  we stayed at Tria when the twins were 2 and we loved it but would never stay that far out now because we are just too lazy lol.
Hi  Jo !
I think being close to the beach , especially in August as opposed o May , could be a real plus !  It was like an excursion with us all hiking from Tria to be honest even though the beach in May is a bit cool sometimes and it hardly existed anyway this year. Very narrow.
A very good choice Truth.We have stayed at the Bardis Hotel many times and always been well looked after by Dorita.            One thing to remember is that is as the name implies a hotel and although there is a fridge there are no self catering provisions.           We always eat out anyway but it is a point worth remembering.                Ron & Sue.
Good to hear another nice report on Bardis, cheers. Thanks for the heads up on the self catering provisions......
The only thing that bothers me is how big our family room will be , I have seen the square footage of the room but there will be four of us (the youngest will sleep in a cot although she is in a bed at home) in there and we're used to having a one bed apartment.
Has anyone stayed in a family room there and can they tell me where the three family rooms are situated .... what floor , which end of the building ?
Thanks
Truth
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Ron and Sue

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »
One family room on each floor in the centre of the building.We stayed in one a few years back with my grand-daughter.If the fourth person will be in a cot you should not have any problems.                 Ron & Sue.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »
That's brilliant, thanks for coming back to me again
Cheers

Offline Laura

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2015, 09:38:38 AM »
Hi folks. Well thank you for all your help. Dublin flights were just turning out to be a nightmare...just not practical with the baby unless us having to add more money to stay in Dublin the night before. A travel agent managed to find me a package to corfu and just advised not to use the accomodation and book our own but once we added our accomodation and transfers it was working out ridiculous money just for one week-if it was for 2 weeks it would have been justified. We have had to just say that its not going to be possible for next year, hopefully the year after though!! I'm going to miss Arillas but have to think of money too!!
Ended up grabbing flights to majorca when easyjet released them for £250 so will just try and find a nice area there instead....as said before I will probably spend the whole week comparing!!
Thank you all again...still gutted but sure hopefully 2017 we will be back in Arillas!!

Offline emeralddragons

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »
Flora, we have sometimes bought last-minute packages to somewhere in Corfu, going very cheap, and then not used the accommodation. For a normal prized package that option is too expensive.
If you are travelling with small children, you may not like leaving things so late, but for us it has been a good solution.
Emeralddragons

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »
Sorry to hear that Flora :-(

Offline Laura

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2015, 03:23:49 PM »
Yeah the travel agent suggested just not using the accomodation but the cheapest package was just under £700 then with our own accomodation and transfers we just couldnt justify it for a week (as lovely and amazing as arillas is)!! Yeah due to childcare commitments we need to be organised in advance otherwise I would have just waited like you suggested.
Thanks Truth, I know Im just telling myself we'll get back soon and trying not to dwell on it. We had so many plans lol :(

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »
Yeah, sorry to hear that also Flora. Did you look into Thomson deals for San Stefanos as that is really the next best thing to Arillas with similar food/tavernas etc and not far from Arillas.

Offline Laura

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2015, 07:19:30 PM »
Hi soniap. Yeah had a look at san stefanos. I dont want to offend anyone but we didnt like san stefanos when we went over there last year. We wouldnt want to stay in it but I do understand your point as it is close to arillas. Im just going to have to make do of staring at my large arillas sunset that i have on my living room wall and dreaming.
Oh i got an email back from roula at kaloudis, she isnt even aware of the change. If it turns out to be a mistake on thomsons part I think ill actually cry...there will be majorca tickets for sale hehe!!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2015, 08:43:56 PM »
Yeah know what you mean Flora about SS but we were pleasantly surprised when we stayed there. The Little Prince taverna serves brilliant food and we still go over there for a meal even when staying in Arillas but yeah its still not Arillas.

Offline Laura

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2015, 09:37:45 PM »
Thank you all so much for your help and cheering me up!!

Offline Franpol

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2015, 10:09:37 PM »
Hi Neil, Just Reading Your Post, I To Have Booked To go to the Nafsika Apartments On October 5th For 2 Weeks, What
Dates Have you Booked? As I have Not Had any Emails or Letters From Thomas Cook. But I Will Certainly be in their Travel Shop Tomorrow Asking Questions, As I To Will Not Go to Sidari Instead of Arrilas, Will Keep you posted.

Franpol.

Offline Laura

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2015, 04:11:11 PM »
You will never believe this....thomson have just rang to say that they have amended the contract and we can book the kaloudis with an infant!!!!! I'm sitting here with the flights to majorca now though. Im so cross with Thomson...I cant believe it....anyone fancy a holiday to Majorca haha!!
I told Roula about the whole situation and she wasn't aware so not sure if she has queried it!!

Booking.com