Author Topic: Good News for Arillas  (Read 10588 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Good News for Arillas
« on: September 29, 2015, 02:22:05 PM »
I hope the following information is true as it is something that was discussed whilst I was in Arillas last week. At least four hotels are over 75% booked for 2016, and most of these are returning visitors. We have already booked two holidays at The Horizon, due to fear of not getting rooms, because  many people rebooked whilst we were there. Two couples booked and they said that they have never returned to any holiday destination.

This is great news. I think people should book up early for next year or they may be disappointed.

Arillas is still fantastic value, despite the additional 10% in taxation on Hotels etc

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
Re: Good News for Arillas
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 03:23:55 PM »

We find early booking essential for our favourite accommodation, we booked last May for 2016. We hadn't even gone for this year's holiday which was July/August..... and on Friday we go back for another two weeks, but had to change accommodation for this one as Mathraki was full for October,  and this was in June.

I agree Terry, it's certainly great news for Arillas. What pleases me is the fact that prices have only risen by a small amount considering the higher taxes our friends are having to pay.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
I booked in April for July 2016 and so glad I did as when we were there in the summer put dates for next year were fully booked

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 04:53:11 PM »
Val when we were there in August we were told that Mathraki closes 2nd October which is why you probably couldnt get booked for then.

Enjoy your two weeks x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 10:17:14 PM »
In a way its good that its like this as it makes us book and then get cheap flights. Its not so good for people who book last minute holidays or for those whose employers don't let them book 2016 holidays until January. From what I can tell the additional 10% tax is being absorbed and not passed on. I only have 294 days to wait.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 09:22:40 PM »
One other interesting thing was that the Horizon no longer sells Mythos. There was so little demand for it so they stopped stocking it. Everybody just enjoyed the Corfu Beer.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 01:33:02 AM »
I am sure they didn't sell Mythos when I went in there May last year.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 08:37:37 AM »
I didn't hadn't noticed that they didn't sell Mythos until last week Truth. Someone came in for one last week. PS Good win at Fulham

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »
That was the time when I had to try the Corfu Beer mate but as said previously I am not a fan (I am I the minority I know!)
Cracking win . You can watch the Mighty Wolves against Huddersfield live on Sky Saturday at midday if your struggling for something to do !  lol

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 03:11:46 PM »
I prefer Mythos as well Truth, as do my partner and friends who often go with us to Arillas. We don't DISLIKE Corfu Beer, we simply prefer Mythos.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 03:23:43 PM »
Now? I know two Huddersfield fans who are in Arillas, at the moment. I think they need to be reminded about the match.

Angie, I don't mind Mythos, but I think I am brain washed into thinking  that every drink helps the local  economy. I know Mythos helps a little bit, but drinking Corfu Beer helps a lot.

Offline annec

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • Random Things Through my Letterbox
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »
We've also booked two holidays for 2016, both at Mathraki.
This will be the first time that we visit Arillas twice in one year, but next year is a BIG birthday for me and I've managed to persuade my brother to fly for the very first time, so we HAD to go to Arillas to celebrate!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »
It should be good spending a 21st birthday celebration in Arillas :-)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »
The match is Saturday at midday GMT on Sky Terry :-)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »
loads of New faces this season. Was sat at our favourite table, the place was full and we only knew 2 other couples, great news for Arillas.
 Have already booked for April and May with the family and so thankful to have them not only because we love them but because there dosant seem to be any where with vacancies from what Ive been told. xxx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com