Author Topic: Beautiful day for october  (Read 22709 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Beautiful day for october
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »
It looks a beautiful sunny day on the webcam. Wish I was there but then I would still wish I was there even if the weather was horrible. Lol

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
Re: Beautiful day for october
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 06:26:55 PM »
Sonia it has been beautiful day, its been beautiful since last Friday when we arrived. It's also been hot with lots of bodies around pools and taking advantage of the beach, the sea is warm as a bath.

Today we had breakfast and lunch at the pool and now because Billy is spit roasting chickens on the barbie we are contemplating having dinner here as well.....We have not past though the gates of Kaloudis all day.

We did have a thunderstorm on Wednesday night, it was spectacular. Yesterday it was  exceptionally hot.....just like August, we spent the afternoon with Eggy "just chilling" hope it continues next week.

Lots of people here but gradually less each night in the taverns, which is fine because it gives you time to chat to to all the lovely friends who serve us.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:24:23 PM »
Very Very Very envious Vain Bill! A daily report and pics would be much appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation!

Al Sal & Becs

ps. may the sun continue to shine next week

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 02:32:27 PM »
Webcam pics don't look so good today.  Hope it improves for the mini beer festival tonight.
Ann x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 02:57:27 PM »
Well today started cloudy as forecast, and now we have a thunderstorm which we have been expecting. We finished our brunch retired to our room with our books., and are now watching the storm move across the headland from San George  to Arillas in the comfort of our second floor room, a great view of the village, sea and unrestricted view of the headland the rain seems to come in bursts, dancing like fairies on the veranda and then drifting away until the next gust of wind....Well it's really only a breeze that lasts for seconds 😀 but even while I am writing it's drifting away and showing lighter clouds so we think it will be over soon.

Once it stops we will be out for a walk along the beach maybe popping into one of our favourite places for light refreshments 😃
Dinner tonight we hope will be at Brouklis with Dimitri but if the storm comes back we think Efi's will be far enough to walk to.

Val and Bill x

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »
Donīt forget to take a couple of torches with you tonight!
Thunderstorms can be followed by power cuts.
Emeralddragons

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »
Many thanks for the update Val n Bill it reminds us of what we are missing really long lunches and evening  meals with hosts and quietly charging  the batteries  for the oncoming  winter.Thankyou its the next best thing to being there.
Al  Sal & Becs

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 12:17:49 PM »
It's looking pretty breezy today !

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 06:24:29 PM »

Today has been definitely breezy and still is, we have been in and out like the proverbial fiddlers elbow. Sitting in a sheltered spot it's the height of summer still.....but the wind is howling.

Breakfast in our room then reading in that sheltered spot.... but the rain came about lunch time so it was indoors to a great lunch of fried squid, salad and garlic bread with excellent company and good chat, at one point you could hardly tell which was pool or path there was so much pouring down.

Then late afternoon the sun was shining again so we decided on a walk along the front, the wind was so strong it was nearly blowing us over. At times the jetty was completely obliterated and I feared for the life of the bench, the waves were so high. At the moment the is no beach at all,  the sea has reached the wall and in some places further out you can see the promise of lots of sand ready to be washed in so maybe tomorrow if it's calmer the beach will be back.
Watching the waves just now from our window it looks like the wind is dropping and the sun is still shining so it's a lovely view.

Last night was spent at Brouklis, Jo the lamb chops were delicious as always. We left to heavy rain, Dimitri said he would give us a lift back but we refused, we had our kagouls with us and enjoyed the walk back. Although we had said we would have an early night the lure of the bar was once again dragging us in but we weren't the last to leave.....honestly, well not last night anyway 😜😇.

Tonight we will probably eat at Efi's, Graziella or Marina.....think we will have to toss a coin!!
Wherever we go we know the food will be excellent.

Val and Bill xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 07:30:19 PM »
Thank you Val for rekindling all the memories of late season that Jen and I have to cherish. Sadly we can't do it again this year - Jen cannot face the disaster of Gatwick airport again, and flights from Bristol will have finished when we can go. Next year will be a different story!

It is a very special place for couples when most of the season has gone. It gives you a chance to get past all of the daily grind and actually talk about what is important. To plan, to dream and to rekindle all of the special things. I can just imagine you and Bill  in your kagouls, refusing lifts home and enjoying every minute of the wet walk. As you might guess, Jen and I have done exactly the same.

Enjoy it all for us dear friends.... this year we can only rely on reports. Next year we will be doing it ourselves.

Phil

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 01:22:35 PM »
Each day here is beautiful. Today the wind has dropped a little, there are fewer clouds and more sun.
It is hot in the sun, and warm in the shade.Simply perfect.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »

Just got back from walking the circuit and then spending time just sitting and watching the sea. A lot of sea weed and drift wood still coming in on the left hand side of the jetty and still no sand but hopefully this will get better. Yesterday the parasols opposite Horizon with the little tables attached were underwater from about two feet from the top but now you can see the tables. They have a digger removing the stones and pebbles that were deposited opposite the bridge so everything has drained away and the road is dry again.

The day is very warm and dry and everyone is enjoying Arillas as normal. Off for some lunch now and an afternoon in the sun. As Dai said, each day is beautiful.

Val n Bill xx

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
Thanks for the updates Val. If you are not a sun worshipper (and I am not) then it must be great to be there at this time of the year. Mind you, I think it must be great to be there anytime of the year. We now go in July though as we have made so many friends that go at that time of the year that we want to be there the same time as them. I think you go twice though don't you, you lucky things.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 12:57:18 PM »
Wow! Not a cloud in the sky on the picture on the webcam! Looks more like a July day than an October.

Offline Franpol

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 09:53:44 PM »
Hi Sonia, yes great day Here in Arrilas, red hot this afternoon but still no beach since we had the storms 2 days ago
hopefully we will Be back on the sun loungers on the beach tomorrow really quite now this next few days. Just having a couple of metaxis to warm us up tonight in the  rainbow with Jimmy.
 Franpol.

Booking.com