Author Topic: Ryanair 2016  (Read 19909 times)

Offline Andy and Claire

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Ryanair 2016
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 02:52:10 PM »
Can anyone remember what dates the Ryanair flight details were released for summer 2016? . I'm looking at booking for 2017 and assuming that they will be out around the same date every year.

Andy.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 04:19:24 PM »
It was about the 8 September.

Offline Andy and Claire

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
Thanks Sonia,
Bobby from Bardis sun has contacted me and says that it is doubtful that Ryanair will be flying to Corfu next year.

Andy.

Offline Andy and Claire

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 01:30:52 PM »
Update..
This is what Bobby from Bardis sun told me.

"Before the summer season started this year, an official from Ryanair visited Corfu and during his press conference
warned that if the new German management of Corfu airport (taking over in October) decide to put the airport taxes up,
they will not be flying to Corfu next year. Could it be a threat or did he mean it? Who knows!!!"

Lets hope common sense prevails.

Andy.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 11:40:54 PM »
If not easyjet will see you right mega cheap flights early Oct release xx

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »
I really hope that Ryanair don't pull out as they were considerably cheaper than Easyjet this time around (for our dates anyway) and I would imagine Easyjet will put their prices up if Ryanair do pull as they will have less competition.......
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 04:00:35 PM »
Yes, Andy Bobby told us that too. I am hoping not as we flew with them from East Midlands which is a lot nearer for us that from Manchester with Easyjet.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 04:04:14 PM »
Fingers crossed then eh Sonia.
I think I have just read a review of yours on Bardis Sun on Tripadvisor  :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 04:07:24 PM »
Yeah Karl,  I promised Poppy Bardis that I would. I have been selfishly reluctant to do it as I don't want them to get booked up even more.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 05:25:58 PM »
Jen and I loved reading it Sonia. So glad it was as good for you as it was for us. I have often said that for July/August, most have rebooked before they leave. So often the fixed dates they can come mean they have to book then, or be disappointed. For us, after six July stays, we will be vacating our usual 3 weeks in July, and Room 10 is up for grabs in 2017. But it will probably be booked by someone else before we get back to UK on 28th July this year!

Rave reviews help the business to fill the quieter times, and I understand they are trying a longer season until 5th October. But such is life - for the peak times they will now always be full, whatever we write about them!

We will be back in Arillas next Spring, before they open, and staying an indeterminate time. With luck, the whole season. We expect some of that to be at Bardis Sun, but who knows? We are always going to be their friends and visit them, whatever happens.

Best wishes
Phil

Rave reviews help the business to fill the quieter times, and I understand they are trying a longer season until 5th October. But such is life - for the peak times they will now be full, whatever we write about them!

Phil

Offline Andy and Claire

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 09:14:36 PM »
East midlands is our nearest airport too Sonia, I'm hoping that the flights will be out before October when the German company take over, we booked them in September this year.  After meeting Poppy and the boys this year for the first time when we nipped in a couple of lunch times for "Mythos time" we have already booked for next year, what an amazing family they are, so welcoming and genuine. We can't wait until next year to get to know them a little better. Fingers crossed that Ryanair don't pull the plug on Corfu.

Andy.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 09:51:46 PM »
We liked flying on a Sunday home as the airport was so much quieter. When are you going next year Andy?

Offline Andy and Claire

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 10:06:41 PM »
Booked from 20th July for two weeks Sonia, but it all depends on the flights. I hope that Poppy is a little bit flexible on dates in case we have to go with a different airline on a different day. I think we may have seen you at Thomas's when we ate there one night this year, should have come over and said hello but didn't want to interrupt your meal.

Andy.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 10:53:27 PM »
Ah! Yes, you should have said Hi but then I have done exactly the same thing myself. Yeah, usually Bobby is flexible within a couple of days, especially if you confirm the dates as soon as flights come out. We are pencilled in again for two weeks from 23 June but we will have the same problem was you if Ryanair are not doing flights to Corfu.

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
The first year we went to Bardis sun they worked right until the end of the season I remember that  because my birthday is 17th Oct and had it in Arillas a few times when I was a lot younger. xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com