Author Topic: recommendations wanted  (Read 45236 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: recommendations wanted
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 12:02:05 AM »
It could put people off that have never stayed there before and in my experience and opinion it isn't loud, as you said everyone has their own opinions but I just don't like reading anything negative about anywhere in Arillas!

Suzy X

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 12:46:01 AM »
Suzy when you experienced what was meant to be accommodation that had won an award for families and had the response we got from Billy that we did when  we just asked him politely at 1.30 for it just to be turned down  a. bit you would also feel that people should be aware that there can be loud music from the bar if you are in apartments next to it . We have the video evidence to prove it. We had to ask the Thomson rep to move us to another apartment further away from the bar and once we were moved the rest of our holiday was great. I am not speaking negative of Arillas. Have been there 5 times and next year will be our 6th time. If we went now it would not bother us as our kids are grown up and we would be in the bar ourselves but not at anyone else's expense. Like I have also said I am glad if that is no longer the case. Although Flora did mention they had trouble last time they stayed there. It's horses for courses and all I was trying to say is that what suits one person may not suit another. In all other respects Kaloudis was great. Very clean and Roula in the shop is a lovely woman. I did also point out that people stay there year after year.I had not intended to go into so much detail but now feel that I have to justify what I have said.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 01:34:20 AM »
Its all about opinions and everyone is entitled to them, whether they are good , bad or indifferent.
Thats what forums are all about and long may they stay like that....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 10:08:24 AM »
I think that Suzy thought  that you were mentioning loud noise by the pool and not late at night. I have always stayed in the apartments near the shop and they are great. I haven't noticed loud music by the pool though but we normally go down to the far end of the pool. If anyone stays with their family number 32 is a good apartment to request.

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »
We stayed at the tria this year and have just yesterday booked to stay there again next august. We have been to Arillas over 20 times and love the place, you will not be disapointed

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »
SoniaP

Very well justified... you did point out a lot more positive things this time and why I and many return year after year which is not because we enjoy loud music around the pool bar. I am sorry to hear that Billy treated you in a disrespectful way.
I am also sorry if I have offended you!

Suzy X

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 12:34:31 AM »
No worries Suzy. I totally understand and respect your protectiveness. 

Gail & Graham there are many brilliant places to stay in Arillas and whilst we all on the forum may share different views sometimes, one thing we all agree on is that Arillas is a very special place with equally as special people.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »
Just to point out with all this hoo haa over music at Kaloudis, the original poster was looking to book independent accommodation, having already booked flights.   At Kaloudis, if you book via Roula then her apartments are well away from any night time music and are unaffected. The only time we heard it was when there was a party on the beach or a band at the Nut, which could affect you wherever you stay.

Offline gailandgraham

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 10:45:53 PM »
Hi and thanks for all your replies and information.
I know people all have their own opinions but lots of information to look at. Will have a good look at all suggestion over the weekend and make a decision but will definitely be staying at Arillas.
Thanks again.

Gail & Graham

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 10:56:35 PM »
So glad Gail. & Graham. I'm sure you will fall in love with it like us all. Let us know where you decide to stay. Just one more tip - try and book soon.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 11:24:11 PM »

Gail and Graham if you go to the Accommodation listings on the Directory listed at the top of this page you will find many more self catering studios and apartments with reviews, lots of information there....and remember not everyone who visits Arillas is on the forum. Trip Advisor also is a good source of reviews too.

We stay twice a year in Arillas at the Mathraki Studios which are adult only but are only sold through Thomsons, when you take your holiday next summer check them out. Very quiet and only 16 rooms with a lovely pool. 

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 12:05:02 AM »
Good advice Val and Bill
We have walked past the Mathraki studios a few times and have always thought how peaceful it looks there (a little too far from the beach for us but a great place to stay all the same... small and friendly is how I would probably describe it)
I think in all honesty there isn't anywhere in Arillas that has poor accommodation, which is just one of the many reasons why we all keep returning there year after year!

Suzy X

Offline gailandgraham

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 10:45:55 AM »
We have had a look at the sites for accommodation and quite like the look of Bardis Sun Studios, we have sent a couple of e mails via the link on their site but have got no response despite it saying you should receive a reply within 24 hours. Is it because there will be no one there at this time of year.
I really would like to get booked as all the comments suggest that due to many repeat visitors that places do get booked up early.

Thanks
Gail & Graham

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 12:23:39 PM »
Bobby at Bardis Sun is usually really quick to reply so that mnakes me wonder if perhaps the family have gone on holiday. Phil and other people who are friends with Bobby on facebook may know. The first time we arranged accomodation wih them was for my son and his girlfriend and I telephoned them as wanted an immediate answer. You could try that as the call was not expensive. Hope you get it sorted.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 05:51:35 PM »
Bobby at Bardis sun has heard of you having problems. He thinks they must have a problem with imternet booking page. I will send you a personal message later Gail and Graham with some email addresses that Bobby has asked me to pass onto you. Can't do it at momment as not got enough radio coverage.

Booking.com