Author Topic: What do you do on an evening?  (Read 9263 times)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
What do you do on an evening?
« on: November 08, 2015, 08:24:50 PM »
Do you have a routine for your time there or do you vary what you do on an evening?

This year we had a few evenings where we got a pizza or gyros and sat on the beach, still in our cossies, watching the sunset and then had an earlyish night.   One night we went to watch Deva Premal at the new Gayatri Mandir which was a very special event, another we went to Alexis Zorbas for a music evening. Usually I eat out and end up in the Coconut - never missing Tuesday's for the Splinter Band. Did you see the new guitarist this time, Tom? Stunning. This year. for the first time, I found how nice it was at the Akti and we had some chilled evenings drinking Spiro's juicy white wine and listening to his first rate taste in music.

What is it that you like to do?

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: What do you do on an evening?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:25:33 PM »
Cypress, one of the many reasons we love Arillas is because you don't have to stick to a routine. If some people do then that's fine but it it's definitely easy not to.
We also enjoy sitting on the beach until the sun goes down eating a gyros or pizza in our cossies! Or we've had a day doing something else and then ventured down to the beach about 6.00 and took some crusty bread ,feta, olives and red wine with us and again waited for the sun to go down. On other evenings when we didn't have a drink with us, we'd simply cover up, fetch some cold beers from the supermarket and drink them on the bench. At this time in the evening most people are in the tavernas or bars, all clean and looking lovely in their best clothes, but it doesn't matter in Arillas, you can please yourself how you spend your evenings or days for that matter and this is one of the great many things that we love about it...just so easy going!
Live and let live!

Suzy X

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: What do you do on an evening?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 10:53:27 PM »
Been holding my tongue for weeks, but I HAVE to agree with yous both. You are describing many of the pleasures that bring Jen and me back, through all our pain and suffering of the travel.

We start with the people. Then the food. Then the entertainment. Routine? 13 years of diversity have seen us do so many different stays in Arillas. And next year promises not only the holiday in July but our favourite part - the time when we truly relax.

We will see you dearest cypress, but hope to see you as well suzy. In any case, we share the same passion.

Phil

Booking.com