Author Topic: What 1 thing would you change about Arillas if u had the power to?(If anything!)  (Read 22783 times)

Offline wissettlewis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Thought this would be a good idea to see people's thoughts on what they'd like to see introduced or changed in Arillas!

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
A pharmacy would be good but I think this was tried before and closed down, which is a shame.

Offline wissettlewis

I Agree, I think that would be a decent idea!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
A nice kids play park ?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
I wouldn't mind somewhere to bob in a load of washing and be able to run an iron over them. Apart from that the place is pretty damn perfect. 

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC

Washing and ironing !!!!! I don't think so.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
I understand where Cypress is coming from as I know you go for a month you lucky thing.  However as you are staying at Bardis studios this time you will be able to take advantage of the washing service which they offer. I can't remember how much it was but I think it was only either 5 or 7 Euros for a large load.

Offline wissettlewis

I personally would love to see the Arilla Inn back open. The restaurant next to Ammos. It's such a shame i remember going there all the time when I was a kid.

Arillas is beautiful as we all know but it does get me upset walking past it everyday seeing all the rubbish inside etc....

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC

You are so right Lewis, also the row of shops opposite Brouklis.... One unit has opened so l do hope it's the start of a renewal, do you remember the Chinese restaurant? I don't really miss it (it's been gone a long time) but like the pizza place it made a change for families.

I will say though the Arilla Inn looks a lot better since they cleared all the overgrown vines from the inside, in winter it's used for storing the sun beds from the beach....but when empty it's still an eyesore.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
good idea re the kids playpark Truth although I do remember seeing some trampolines on the front this year next to Portofino.  All I kept thinking was how on EARTH could you jump around in this heat lol.  There is a small one just before Yiota's shop which mine used to use when they were little.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Yes , I bet it was a bit hot to be jumping around !  lol
They must have put the trampolines up after May when we were there . As we are there in August this year they may well be up then.  :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
There was a notice on them in September saying they couldn't get a license for them.

Offline jeffers

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
What would be nice is to hire a boat ( dont know if you can already )  there used to be some . Just to have little trip round to the next bay.
Corfu island is a wonderful place full of lovely people.  if only the whole world was like Corfu it would be a much better place

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
This always gets me into trouble, but I would love to think that the Coconut and Malibou wouldn't play loud music, at the same time. It's the only thing that spoils Arillas for me and many other people. Its like five seconds of Kavos when you walk past.

One other thing,  I would love to see no parking on the sea front. You have a choice of many restaurants with sea views, but you can never get a sea view without a vehicle being in the way.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Terry , I reckon for every one person who wants that 4 people do not. (Or is it the other way around??)

I think if this topic was put to the locals they would say "Much better roads leading into Arillas and surrounding areas" Attract more day visitors and a boost for business such as car hire etc plus "daytrippers" have been known to come back for a week or two.
After all , there are not enough of us "Arilliacs" to take full advantage of what Arillas has to offer, even though you guys spread it around  and try to visit nearly everyone here.

Personally , I would like to see "Speed Bumps" on the main road to leading into Arillas. Just to stop the "occasional 2/4 wheeled numbskull" from forcing guests to jump in the undergrowth.

Negg

Booking.com