Author Topic: What 1 thing would you change about Arillas if u had the power to?(If anything!)  (Read 22787 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
But anything that slows down the nutters along the seafront would get my vote.

Billyd

I like that !! - Difficult to make the front a "No-Go Vehicle" zone as few would take any notice and what about delivery vehicles?
Just wonder if a one way system could be put into place. (Then I could get to Rainbow, via Costas on the Beach, Beach Point, Coconut, Armourada................)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC

Not enough hours in the day for you to do that though Eggy. 😀

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline annec

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • Random Things Through my Letterbox
I love the Malibu Bar, I hope it never changes and Giorgos keeps improving it, he works non-stop throughout the winter to make sure that it is even better for his regulars.  It takes about 3 minutes to walk past Malibu and Coconut, and the music ....

What would I like to change in Arillas?

1. A Pharmacy would be great
2. Gorgeous George back ... I miss seeing him sitting in the sun, and that smile!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC

Anne.....you and I and would have to sit at the other side of the pool though. Or maybe just hang over the balcony looking at the wonderful view.

Val X

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
I would hate the sea front to be a traffic free zone.
 I love the hustle and bustle of the deliveries,(and I wouldn't be able to nip off the beach to buy the most delicious cherries ever and at a bargain price!) the odd cycle or quad zooming past and especially families arriving for a day on the beach with all their paraphernalia! It's what makes Arillas real with real people living their real lives and not one of these purpose built resorts that are just too perfect.I really would miss all the vehicles on the front.
Arillas is my perfect!

Suzy X

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
CHANGE ANYTHING IN ARILLAS

YOU CAN'T CHANGE PERFECTION

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
Oh!  not met Girgios Annec and  Val but feeling like I  have clearly missed out. I agree with Anne apart from actually it would not take 3 minutes more like 30 seconds to pass Malibu bar and the coconut. I have not been in Malibu bar but I  love the Coconut and the music. I think it offers entertainment for the younger Arillas guests and also those that are still young at heart and love the cheesy classics they play.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC

Sonia, Gorgeous George and Giorgos are two completely different people.....both have very different attributes.  Lol

You clearly haven't met Gorgeous George yet, his dad has the small super market near the Mathraki.
He works nights in Sidari now so we don't see very much of him during the day (just a little glimpse would do though).

Val x

Offline annec

• Random Things Through my Letterbox
Gorgeous George can often be found in Thalassa in an evening - we spent a couple of evenings drinking with him last year.

Val and I will fight you for the view!!

Giorgos (from Malibu) is gorgeous too .... in his own special way!

Offline wissettlewis

Might just be personal preference but I  would love to see a new restaurant in place. I know I've mentioned it previously but it pains me to see the Arilla Inn derelict. It really annoys me :(

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Yep !  Agreed 100%
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
If only I could afford to buy it Lewis.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
I agree Lewis....it's such an eye sore!
I was chatting to a couple of the locals about the place and they said there's some sort of on going family feud going on regarding the building. such a shame
I would buy it too Sonia if I had the money.
We should start a new topic titled ...What would you turn the building into?

For me....a chocolate shop, like in Bruge Sonia...hehe!

Suzy X

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
I would implore Arrilas parish council to refrain from adorning the sea front with tacky objet d'art aka Thessalonica,a garden gnome would have been equally charming.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Bring back the Mermaid.....

Booking.com