Author Topic: Sailing lessons  (Read 11686 times)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
Sailing lessons
« on: January 10, 2016, 07:43:38 PM »
I've searched Google and on here for sailing lessons in the area. There doesn't seem to be anything local to Arillas. Do you know of anywhere nearby that provides lessons for beginners with experienced tuition, and the cost? It would only be the small dinghy type that I'd be interested in.   

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Sailing lessons
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 09:31:30 PM »
I don't think there is anything - we struggled to even find a dinghy for my other half to sail before finding out Pedro (opposite Mirage) had 2 toppers!  (just sitting there, no sail on). They got lots of use in our 2 weeks last summer and OH and my niece will be out in them again in August fingers crossed.  OH is an instructor - should we win the lottery (in our dreams) there will be a dinghy school in Arillas :D  :D  Can you wait that long??

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:10:34 AM »
Toppers are just what I'm looking for, only with sails on! I can wait Steph, can you both be ready for our arrival on the the 4th July :-)? Hurry up and win the lottery, although, I can wait for ever - that's how long I'll be travelling to Arillas.   

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 08:50:48 PM »
We arrive for our first visit of 2016 (just the two of us on that trip) on 4th July too! :)   Advice from OH is to do a RYA level 2 course before you go to Arillas (will only take a weekend) then you can go out in one of the toppers - if you can persuade Pedro that it's not too windy/it's windy enough (delete as applicable!).  OH is more than happy to show you how to rig etc. 

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:57:27 PM »
We arrive the same day, what a coincidence?! At the minimum I hope we get to say hello.

I'm sure they do the RYA level 2 not 2 miles from my house, on Scammonden Water. I'll have a look into it Steph and my thanks to you and your OH for your kindness, I just might end up taking you up on your offer. You never know you might see me scudding across Arillas bay with a Mythos in one hand and a flare in the other!

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 12:44:18 AM »
Haha, will keep a look out! Seriously Andrew (other/better half) is more than happy to set you up for a sail and I'm sure he will try to get out On the water as much as he can anyway, leaving me to spit roast! Hopefully see you around anyway. We're at Kaloudis, in Roula's private apartments and tend to spend days at Sharon's. Only there for the week this July as back again in Aug (with OH's daughter and my niece in tow!). Feel free to drop me a PM if you need any more info/advice

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »
Thanks Steph.

I had breakfast one morning at Kaloudis last year, I dropped in to have a bit of a nosy. Very nice place it looked too and the breakfast wasn't half bad either. See you in paradise in July and, if not, have yourselves a very special time.   

Booking.com