Author Topic: Arilas studios  (Read 9269 times)

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
Arilas studios
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:50:32 PM »
Hi can anyone tell me what the Arillas studios are like please?
Usually go to the Mathraki but cant get booked this year!Gutted. So we are trying to go it ourselves and not package.

Thanks

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Arilas studios
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »
Hi Ness.Hope you're all well. Don't know about Arillas studios but can recommend The Marvel Hotel. Stayed there for the last  3 years and always been very satisfied with everything. If you're doing your own flights Kostas will pick you up from the airport and take you back at the end of your stay. We won't see you this year as we are going to Thassos for our main holiday but hope to get to Arillas for a week in September.
Wherever you stay have a great time.
Regards Barry and Chris.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »
Mathraki seems so popular now that I am surprised that they don't go independent and cut out the middle man.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 09:45:41 PM »
Thanks Barry
I really hope we can get there this year. I hope you enjoy Thassos.

If they went independent i think they would make far more money as they have a good regular amount of return visitors. We love it there

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 11:35:37 PM »
You will love Thassos. Beautiful island
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 09:16:05 AM »
Does anyone know if i can book Arillas studios through the owner or is it only through booking.com?
Thanks

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 03:28:43 PM »
We stayed at these many years ago when they used to be called Charisis and they were lovely really charming with lovely little balconies. Great location for the bakery also!

Offline kaz

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 06:36:01 PM »
Hi... we stayed here a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. We booked directly with the family via e-mail and there were no problems and I think they prefer this..no commission to Booking .com!!! When we contacted them we used the e-mail link provided on here and it was incorrect... don't know if that has been fixed yet but we got the right e-mail from one of the other sites. The son, who is a teacher on the mainland dealt with this side of things and we paid cash when we got there... they didn't want paying up front, even when we got there, instead saying we could pay when we were ready to leave !!!! .... lovely family. Frequent little gifts of fresh fruit and veg from the garden left outside the room for us as well. Rooms were spacious enough and all the usual basic facilities. Bathrooms were a bit dated but I believe they were updating these the year we left. When we were there the price included free Wi-Fi, safe and a/c. Only down side would be road noise if you were in one of the rooms next to the road but nothing a good set of ear plugs (or large carafe of wine) couldn't cure.

Hope this helps.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 08:35:45 PM »
Hi Kaz
I dont suppose by any chance you still have e-mail address?
Thanks Vanessa

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 01:02:33 AM »
They have a Facebook page, with a phone number
https://www.facebook.com/Arillas-Studios-236726363013323/photos_stream?ref=page_internal The phone number is on the "about" page.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 01:12:38 AM »
They also have a website with a contact page
http://www.arillas-studios.com/contact.cgi

Offline kaz

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »
Hi again... as Dai says they have a web page and the e-mail on there (which is the same as the one on this site) has a hyphen between 'arillas' and 'studios' and if memory serves me correctly it is this hyphen which is incorrect. I tried it as a direct e-mail a couple of times using that e-mail address and got no response so then used the 'contact us' form on their web site and they got straight back to me. I seem to remember when they replied the address showed up without the hyphen...... but anyway....the 'contact' form worked for me and they replied via e-mail which obviously showed the correct return address. If all else fails there are the telephone numbers but be aware that Dad has limited English although Mum is better. I also have a direct e-mail for George, the son, but I know he got his account hacked just after we left so may have changed it...if the others don't work get back to me and I will pass it on. In my opinion it should be worth it... we enjoyed our stay there... there are no pressures or hassles, easy reach of everything, nice quiet garden and comfortable beds!! We asked for a studio on the top floor away from the road and this gave a lovely view from the balcony. Let me know if you are successful ...

Regards....Karen

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 04:38:31 PM »
Karen
Thanks very much for that. I e-mailed yesterday and got a reply today. Very quick. He has a room available but just got to find flights. We normally do package so a bit nervous doing it this way but i will let you know.

Vanessa x

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 01:01:57 PM »
You will love Thassos. Beautiful island
You're right there. This will be our 4th visit. Comes a close second to Arillas.We're staying on the outskirts of Liminaria, nice and quiet but not too far to walk into the centre.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 02:25:58 PM »
We were in Skala Potomia . Great holiday , if you take out the unfortunate ouzo "incident" that I had !!!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com