Author Topic: flights  (Read 8717 times)

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
flights
« on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:52 PM »
Hi has anybody used e dreams to book flights and if so was it ok?
Thanks Vanessa x

Offline kaz

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: flights
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:36:25 PM »
Hi again Vanessa.... I would advise that you look at some of the reviews for e-dreams.... they are not renowned for their customer service or user friendliness... they get slated on a lot of sites and the travel forum on Money Saving Expert is not complimentary. They often advertise flights/holidays at a certain price but then come back after you've entered your payment details on line and say the advertised price was not a 'live' flight price and it is now more expensive! Quite sharp practice. The general advice is to book directly with the airline concerned... use Skyscanner or Kayak (or the airlines own site, not forgetting Thomas Cook, Thomsons and Jet2) to find the best flights and then book direct. if you use a third party booking agent like e-dreams they can't get it any cheaper and if there are any issues or problems you can't deal directly with the airline you have to go through the third party agent and this only complicates things. When you are ready to book my best advice is to make sure you check and double check all the details you enter...it can be expensive to rectify mistakes later. Not sure where from or when you are travelling but there are not too many bargains out there at the moment, TC have had a mini sale on and we have had to bite the bullet and pay that bit extra to get our dates and ensure we can confirm our accommodation... good luck.....p.s. someone else may of course be complimentary about e-dreams but have a read!!!!

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 10:41:38 PM »
Kaz
I have looked them up and decided against using them. Would rather do package but its too expensive at the minute. Really want to go back to arillas so hoping to be brave and do it myself. Such a chicken!!!!

Offline kaz

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 10:50:51 PM »
Ness... it can be quite daunting the first time but once you have done it once you will wonder what all the fuss was about. You are half way there if the accommodation you want is available. Look at the flight prices for your dates (don't forget to factor in baggage charges), add that to your accommodation costs and transfer and see how it compares. Transfers are very reliable through various suppliers. If it all fits...book it... sit back...enjoy and look forward to your hols!!! Loads of people do it and I am sure advice would be plentiful if you need it. What airport and dates are you looking at?

Karen

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
You will be amazed how easy it is to go independant when you try it but always compare your final price to a similar package deal as it doesn't always work out cheaper........ just 90% of the time!!!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 03:13:29 PM »
We want to go from Stansted in August. We cant get the Mathraki so thought that if the Kaloudis was free we would go there but they are asking over £900 per person which is silly money if you ask me. Its double what we paid last year. Accommodation we are looking at is free so now just got to get flights. Keep everything crossed for me!!!

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 07:09:57 PM »
Hi Ness  - I agree with Kaz and Karl. Once you have gone independent you won't look back. I'm not sure what airlines go from Stanstead but we have flown with Thomson , Thomas Cook (but flight only), and Easyjet. This year we will be flying with Ryanair. Not had any problems. The only thing was on TC flight there were a few teenage groups heading to Kavos on package deals but I have to say TC handled them really well. They didn't serve any drinks for about an hour and when they started getting up and wondering around the plane the pilot said there was turbulence and put seatbelt lights on - what turbulence. Lol.

Offline Linsey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 12:40:22 AM »
We have travelled independently several times now to Arillas and have had no problems. Taxi transfer is so much better that the bus that stops at every resort on the island. We have our young daughter with us and feel confident that if we ever needed help with anything that the locals would be far more useful than any rep. Go for it and enjoy x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
We have travelled independently several times now to Arillas and have had no problems. Taxi transfer is so much better that the bus that stops at every resort on the island. We have our young daughter with us and feel confident that if we ever needed help with anything that the locals would be far more useful than any rep. Go for it and enjoy x

Couldn't agree more with this .......

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »
Has anyone dared to check their flight prices since booking? Worth noting that there is a clause in Easyjet's T&C's that you can claim compensation if your flight shows cheaper and is not part of a particular sale. has anyone been lucky with this?

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 05:38:59 PM »
Have travelled independently back in September 2014 and had no problems at all.  Like others have said, once you`ve done it once, you`ll do so again.   
We are looking for a  week in September and tried Thomson and TC -sad to say, prices are high.  Booking independently might work out more expensive because we`ve not booked earlier?  Unless someone can tell me different.
 Anyway, June 27th can`t come quickly enough.  :-)

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 05:24:03 PM »
Paul I have taken the plunge and booked our flights with Ryanair and our Accommodation at the Arillas Studios. Bit nervous but looking forward to it.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 06:52:34 PM »
Its a breeze Ness !  It will all be fine  :-)

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 08:47:54 PM »
Thanks Truth. Might be the way forward for us.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 09:44:55 PM »
It will, trust me......

Booking.com