Author Topic: Greece with Simon Reeve  (Read 8800 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Greece with Simon Reeve
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 11:23:34 PM »
Nick will be in York from Thursday for a 3 night break. Glad to hear it is open for business as usual. I love York.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 10:39:01 AM »
Glad to hear that too! We're off to York in a few weeks for a short break as we also love it there Sonia.

I can understand people feeling that the Simon Reeve's travels around Greece were slightly disjointed and does very little for the tourist industry,but at the same time I for one didn't realise the situation is as bad as it is in some areas of Greece. Hopefully,as they have in the past, the Greeks will get through these terrible times due to their fighting spirit. I for one am also grateful and extremely pleased that Arillas hasn't been affected in the same way. It's as beautiful as ever and gets better each time that we visit.
As we all know this is mostly down to the hard work of the people of Arillas ensuring that we all have a fabulous holiday whether we are first timers or have been going for over 20 years.
Roll on July!

Suzy X

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 02:39:06 PM »
Nick will be in York from Thursday for a 3 night break. Glad to hear it is open for business as usual. I love York.

Have a great time, if you like real ale try the Tavern on the Shambles.

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2016, 02:39:52 PM »
Glad to hear that too! We're off to York in a few weeks for a short break as we also love it there Sonia.

I can understand people feeling that the Simon Reeve's travels around Greece were slightly disjointed and does very little for the tourist industry,but at the same time I for one didn't realise the situation is as bad as it is in some areas of Greece. Hopefully,as they have in the past, the Greeks will get through these terrible times due to their fighting spirit. I for one am also grateful and extremely pleased that Arillas hasn't been affected in the same way. It's as beautiful as ever and gets better each time that we visit.
As we all know this is mostly down to the hard work of the people of Arillas ensuring that we all have a fabulous holiday whether we are first timers or have been going for over 20 years.
Roll on July!

Suzy X

Yes Suzy it was an eye opener to how certain parts of the country are struggling.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »
Will mention the tavern to my husband as he loves real ale.

Booking.com