Author Topic: Kokkinos apartments  (Read 28865 times)

Offline Lisam

Kokkinos apartments
« on: February 24, 2016, 09:34:24 PM »
Well after 10 years we are going back to Arillas  soooo excited , We had some lovely holidays here when the kids were toddlers
 We thinking of booking in at the Kokkinos apartments all the information states its a 10 minute walk to the Mirage  and Im wondering if this is quite right especially in the August sun,
Has anyone else stayed here
Thanks
Lisa

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Kokkinos apartments
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:47:53 AM »
I would say 10 mins is about right.
We considered it this year after speaking to a guy who was staying there in May, for a month I think? He was very happy there.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 01:45:07 AM »
Even for Jen on her walker it is only 15 mins to sea front (Mirage) from there. Kokkinos family also have Mon Amour, and offer free transport to their lovely taverna. Great food, lovely family atmosphere and frequented by local families - speaks volumes about a place when that is true. Once met Perry from the Nut and his family there.

Apart from that, Vavilas fish restaurant is nearby - you could eat there every night for two weeks if you like fish and never be disappointed.

A winner in my books.
Phil

Offline Lisam

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 12:46:05 PM »
Thats fabulous information Thank you, Its nice to knowi f we are feeling a bit lazy then we wont have to walk too far,  although I quote like a evening stroll,
We are so looking forward to going back to Arillas I'm hoping that it hasnt changed too much in last 10 years.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 12:54:23 PM »
Kokkinos is situated on the back road from the beach and is around 10 minute walk from the beach
Although that walk is quite nice. it is also about 10-15 minutes from the supermarket and the bakery.
There is a Taverna nearby and also the fabulous Vavillis fish taverna just a little walk down the road.
It is also not far from the Makris appartments where they have a pool bar and Swimming pool

But having been before you will know all places in Arillas are not far away 
I have met a number of people who have been quite happy staying there

As for Arillas Changing ..it not going to happen .....Why would anyone want to change perfection

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 12:59:34 PM »
You can have a great choice of pools too. Bardis Hotel, Bardis Sun Studios, Mirage or up the road the other way Vavillis Studios fabulous pool which is always very quiet....like having your very own pool. You will be welcome to use any pool in Arillas though.

I would say ten minutes is a good estimate even in the sun, Kokkinos has lovely gardens too.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 03:47:40 PM »
You've also got Tri Adelphia 5 minutes walk heading away from the beach. Lovely pool , bar and restaurant there to add to all of your other choices.
Vavillis is our favourite Taverna in Anaxos and me and my Dad love to pop into Makris Studios for an afternoon Mythos/Ouzo !
The more I think about it the better the Kokkinos Apartments are situated.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »
we stay there twice a year and absolutely love it, nice apartments,quiet area and a really lovely family.  10 to 15 minutes is about right, we
do it several times a day no problem.  Hope you have a great holiday and if you book kokkinos apartments you won't regret it.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 10:41:43 AM »

Karl I know Anaxos is your second favourite place (ours too) but its a bit far to walk there, also Lesbos is a no no at the moment.

Freudian slip but forgivable. 😃

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »
Sorry Val  !!!  lol .  Its a hell of a walk from Arillas that's for sure !
My parents were on Lesvos in the Summer , it was very sad  .......

Offline Lisam

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 05:31:05 PM »
Thanks you for all your replies, I really appreciate it, seems like we have more choice than I thought with regards to pools and I'm so glad Arillas hasn't changed very much, Cant wait to sit and watch the beautiful sunset with a nice cold drink :)   

Offline Lisam

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 11:08:11 PM »
I've noticed there a new bar called Akrotiri which looks fantastic and I definitely have to see the sunset from here  but unsure how to get there. Can you walk up the hill by the beach or do we need to take the road San steph?   

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 10:53:46 AM »
Lisa yes you can easily walk up the cliff path but can also reach by road. The cliff route is only safe in daytime though x

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2016, 11:11:01 AM »
Akrotiri? Now we're talking! I adore this place Lisa. Do try to get there, if you can. At anytime time of day or night it's a great place to be. Especially on an evening for the genuinely amazing sunset views. The cocktails are perfect, they do good coffee and a smallish menu for salads, pizzas and sandwiches. One day I'm going to get married there, on the roof top bar at sunset...... 

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 01:04:46 PM »
One day I'm going to get married there, on the roof top bar at sunset...... 

WAKE UP WAKE UP..... KAREN WAKE UP........It's only a dream

Booking.com