Author Topic: Decision time?  (Read 68710 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Decision time?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 12:49:09 PM »
It's getting a bit better..... €1.2750

Sterling rallies to hit new highs

Sterling has reached its strongest levels against the Euro since March.

Recent Brexit polls suggesting the UK will remain in the EU have bolstered the Pound, which again shows the currency’s sensitivity to any Brexit related news – with 'Remain' boosting Sterling and 'Leave' doing the opposite.

Pound strength is not just confined to the Euro, with gains seen against the US Dollar, as well as most currencies including the Australian Dollar, Swiss Franc and South African Rand.

With another bank holiday to look forward to we're happy help you make the most of the stronger Pound and offer €1.2750 & $1.4315 to £1 on our FairFX Currency Cards, Travel Cash and FairPay.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 03:08:37 PM »
We're biting the bullet and ordering ours today - whilst John Lewis are doing a promotional rate. Just need to decide whether we order for just this first visit or the August one too!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 03:24:21 PM »
If you think we are going to REMAIN don't get them but if you think we are going to opt out DO get them .......
I really think we will remain as many of the people who now say they want out will bottle it when it actually comes to putting the cross on the paper.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2016, 03:36:18 PM »
That's better...

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2016, 09:56:57 PM »
Hi
As a confirmed ''outer'' I have to say that irrespective of recent polls, that pound rallied to a recent high irrespective of any referendum polls.
The recent strength of the pound, the best since early February, can be attributed to record job figures and higher retail spending of 4.3% last month than a year earlier.
Geoff

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2016, 09:19:53 AM »
Good point Turkey.
I still believe that the fact that REMAIN look to be gaining strength will have influenced it a little.....

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2016, 11:47:19 AM »
I think that the forthcoming referendum will still have the greatest effect on the exchange rate despite any output,employment or other figures from either the U.K or Europe.Todays decision in Brussels on the next tranche  of the Greek bailout payment could also have some effect.      On 24th June we will all have the benefit oh hindsight.      Ron.

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »
I'm really struggling with this, I was very much intending to vote remain but the closer we get to the vote I'm less sure.  I'd be interested to hear the views of someone from outside of the UK as to what they think of our referendum. As the Clash so eloquently put it "Darling you've got to let me know, should I stay or should I go?"

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2016, 07:28:54 PM »
Love that song!

Suzy x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »

I think what we really have to remember with this important vote is that it's our decision NOT the decision of any of the political parties. 

The fact that the present government seem to have taken over the campaign for In or Out is irrelevant. This is vote for the people of the UK so please think carefully about what it could mean if we come out of the European Union. I am not a political person but do think we should not waste our vote on this important decision.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 02:30:15 PM »
You may not be a political person Val BUT its one of the most sensible posts/comments I have seen/heard on the referendum as yet to be honest ...... !!  :-)

Offline Ron and Sue

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 02:35:42 PM »
The amount of information given out by government departments (all in favour of remaining in)will cease on Friday when the referendum enters the period of Purdah.During the 4 weeks preceding the referendum it is forbidden for any government department to publish any figures relating to the vote.This may clear the air and possibly level the playing field.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
I found this post from September 2013. Lets hope it doesn't go this low again.....

Currency, cash and exchange. / Re: £ to € getting better

« on: September 09, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »

I have took the plunge and ordered at 1.17 as I can't see the rate going much higher within the next week. It would be nice to see it up to around 1.30 for next summer - wishful thinking?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 04:58:32 PM »
Well , Terry ,

I see an exchange of e1.28 in Sidari today , so can only assume Arillas is the same.
What is your opinion of the "EU Vote"??

Do you think an "Opt Out" will cause the exchange to drop plus cause all manor of problems relating to UK immigration etc.

An "Opt Out" could see many ex-pats back in the UK as they(we) could then fall into the double tax trap plus a drop in the exchange.

Always good to know other people's views.

Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2016, 05:07:31 PM »
Definitely an "IN" vote from me. Its better to know the devil you know, than the devil you don't know.

Booking.com