Author Topic: Sun cream bargains?  (Read 10333 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Sun cream bargains?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 11:19:15 PM »
Glad to be help Val! We haven't burnt yet since using it and it  smells really pleasant too.

Suzy X

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
Hi
We use Piz Buin once a day The cheapest we could find was Super Drug at 2 for £15.00 for 200 ml containers.
Looked in some of the outlets mentioned but mainly they do not sell it, or only the 100 ml is on  offer, and not always available in Factor 30.
Just bought online from semichem.co.uk. 200ml sizes in  factor 15 and 30. Price 2 for £10.
There is £2.50 postage to pay though. But that's  £22.50 for four 200 ml containers. Not bad.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 04:12:28 PM »
I think I've tried every sun lotion going and usually opt for the once a day or long acting ones - particularly Piz Buin and Riemann P20 (which stains white things very badly!).  Last year, on a recommendation, I got a some Calypso once a day sun lotion from Amazon and it was fantastic - not drying and did the job very very well, including for a day out on the water. Certainly will be getting some more this year.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 09:17:14 PM »

Steph,  Aldi and Home Bargain both sell Calypso very cheaply, Bill uses it, he  prefers the dry oil spray or spray lotion they do the ordinary lotion as well. Half the price of anywhere else.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 08:03:34 PM »
Thanks for the tip off Val.  It's a bit of a trek to the nearest Home Bargains store but will certainly try to remember to call in if I'm driving near where it is.  Thank you!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 06:57:50 PM »

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 09:58:27 PM »

Thanks for the link Sonia, I always re-apply after swimming or if I feel my skin getting too hot. Coming from a family of redheads even once a day creams or lotions get used up very quickly in Arillas because I burn. Bill however tans and I have shown him this article and will make sure he uses sun creams more often now, even if they say once a day.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 10:29:03 PM »
You're welcome Val. I thought it was interesting how the tests found that the cheaper bands passed the tests including Aldis. I had heard the negative reviews before about Hawain Tropic which is a shame because I love the smell of that.

Booking.com