Author Topic: Best Meze in Arillas?  (Read 9074 times)

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
Re: Best Meze in Arillas?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 06:39:51 PM »
Efi's...... can't wait to be sat there in August early evening with an ouzo, sardines and cheese balls.......

Hi Truth, I can't wait to be sat in Efi's in August either, so we are going next week.
Sorry, I'll get my coat...

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 09:14:15 PM »
Most Greek people tend to eat a meze when they all eat out together by ordering lots of starters and sharing them which i actually prefer than having a starter and then a main.
. It's great to share lots of different things and pick all night and of course drink in between!

Suzy X

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 09:20:43 PM »
The first time we went to Greece we went to Halkidiki as my brother in law n his wife were living in Thessaloniki and my brother in law introduced us to Greek food in this way by ordering a few dishes and us all sharing. Fantastic except my brother in law has rather a large appetite so we had to be quick at digging in.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 09:24:56 PM »
Efi's...... can't wait to be sat there in August early evening with an ouzo, sardines and cheese balls.......

Hi Truth, I can't wait to be sat in Efi's in August either, so we are going next week.
Sorry, I'll get my coat...
Very good...... bravo...... lol
Enjoy mate!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 09:48:23 PM »
Ha! ha! that made me laugh Sonia.
How lucky to live in Thessaloniki  such a beautiful city with a great history. We only spent a day there during a two week holiday in Halkadiki and wished it could have been longer.
 I love Victoria Hislop's 'The Thread' great read especially as I actually read it during our day visit to Thessaloniki. The book often mentions the delicious cheese pies and many other wonderful Greek dishes.

Suzy !

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 10:25:21 PM »
We didn't  see much of Thessaloniki Suzy ourselves as they came over and spent time with us in Kriopigi where we will were staying. Spent just one day there but we were very impressed with it. Had  our first gyros there.

They lived there for 2 years teaching English. They did what everyone would love to do. They lived in London and bought an old army ambulance. Put beds and kitchen area etc and off they went. My brother in law has always had itchy feet. He went onto live in Qatar and then Jordan and now lives in Phuket. Hoping to go and see him in Phuket next year.

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 03:29:16 PM »
Hi Jo, we always make sure we go the The portofino at least once for a lunchtime meze & a nice glass of rose.
The grill room next to the malibu has opened on wednesday 7 is owned by giorgos from the mailbu. Some of the foody pictures on face book look yummy. That's somewhere else we will definately be eating this year.
Only 21 sleeps to go
Hurrah
Karen

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »
Brouklis meze is really nice and especially because it includes the gorgeous courgette balls which I adore! :)

But if you are taking in the view in Porfino their meze for 2 is also gorgeous with added local sausages...nom nom nom nom..... 8)
Life is good ;)

Booking.com