Author Topic: Music in the Coconut/Malibu  (Read 15233 times)

Offline wissettlewis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Music in the Coconut/Malibu
« on: May 17, 2016, 05:55:02 PM »
I love going to the coconut most nights when on holiday and often venture into the malibu too.

Why though, do they both try and compete against eachother by playing their music really high?

It really annoys me having to shout to my girlfriend or parents if i want to speak to them! Does anyone else get annoyed by it or is it just me??

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Music in the Coconut/Malibu
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 06:24:09 PM »
Me too!

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 08:23:17 PM »
Funnily enough although we go in the nut, we have never been in the Malibu. I have heard about this but not experienced any problems.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 09:47:04 PM »
Went in Malibu once on our first visit...... Haven't been in since but frequently pop in the Nut.
The music wars is a bit childish I think.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 10:12:44 PM »
I agree Lewis.
We frequent both bars and they're as bad as one another, in that respect.
As it's being going on for at least 25 years, I doubt it's going to change any time soon sadly.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 10:41:48 PM »
I am with you Angie..... you can't see a "chat" taking place to try and resolve the situation, which is a shame.
Still I won't let it effect my holiday thats for sure

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 01:01:38 AM »
Doesn't  bother me. For 18 years it's been Kosta's playlist on loop and wouldn't have it any other way. To anyone who doesn't link the Mavericks 'dance the night away' and the iconic 'brown eyed girl' to my favourite bar in Arillas you obviously have not spent many hours in the coconut lol xx

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 01:25:20 AM »
I love the music in the nut too Jo. Have photos of us sat outside it with you and your parents. My son Joe looks thoroughly bored sat on my knee. Now he loves it in the nut too. Try to get there before 10 for a half price pinocolada. Lewis my son played pool with you in the nut. I think your mum might have shown you the photos I sent her. How little you were then but just like my kids (now 22 and 25) and also in love with Arillas.

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 10:39:16 AM »
Accents of Benidorm meets Arrilas,could be worse though,the wife loves those tacky bars I hate them,combined decibel level probably comparable to most boiler rooms which I maintain...ah ..now I know why I get odd looks from the bar keep,must get those ear defenders to match my shirts!

Offline wissettlewis

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 11:16:59 AM »
To be honest im in the coconut every night so it obviously can't bother me that much. Although last year i found myself in Ammos quite a lot. So relaxed and chilled in there and the music is brilliant. Bit more pricey than the coconut/malibu but definitely worth it!

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
The Ammos experience is the only real option for me,For some reason I do like to follow and take part in a conversation with good friends in pleasant surroundings,Ammos music is ambient and none intrusive,..unlike the tariffs!, night owl is worth the effort also!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 03:11:33 PM »
I will just "slum it" in the Nut as I can't afford to set foot in Ammos , very pricey with two kids on soft drinks .....

Offline wissettlewis

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 06:46:18 PM »
Haha 'slum it' that made me laugh :) When you in Arillas?

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 08:47:14 PM »
I love the Ammos bat too for it's chilled out atmosphere and being able to chat with out shouting! I agree that it  can be a bit pricey,but I do find their cocktails and shorts to be stronger than many places. Although young Billy at Kaloudis makes the best B52 cocktails in Arillas and at a great price!

The coconut bar has a different vibe altogether as does the Malibu so I'm sure people go their for different reasons. We all enjoy different things and places at different times. That's what I love about Arillas you can please yourself what you but you can guarantee you'll have a great time and be welcomed whatever you choose or where ever you decide to drink or eat of an evening!

Suzy X

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 08:55:34 PM »
AMMOS BAT...LOL!!!

Suzy X

Booking.com