Author Topic: Accommoddation photos  (Read 18567 times)

Offline Mossey

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Accommoddation photos
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:14:49 PM »
Hi people, just wondering as I sometimes do, if there's anyway and if people think it would be a good ideallllll (bristol speak) if we could post accommodation photos on the site, thought it would be nice to perhaps see and give you a clue as to what you were booking, and it would would be far better than trying to look at the small pics that they put in the brochures, any thoughts

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Accommoddation photos
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »
Hi Mossey, would be a good thing but it would take up to much room on the boss's board, he is only allowed so much bandwidth, but how about posting on photobucket or such like and then giving link. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Mossey

Accommoddation photos
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 05:56:08 PM »
Quote from: vivian
Hi Mossey, would be a good thing but it would take up to much room on the boss's board, he is only allowed so much bandwidth, but how about posting on photobucket or such like and then giving link. Viv

sounds good, what does it nean?

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
re photos
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 09:41:01 AM »
I have a Arillas website >( http://www.arillas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/)
I set it up originaly for photos of animals found in and around Arillas.If people are interested and send me there photos of accomodation then I could add them to site.Possibly a limit of three photos per accomodation and see how it goes. :?:

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Accommoddation photos
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 12:16:24 PM »
I think this could be a good idea.  If it  assists people to make the right choice of accomodation for their valued holiday then it cannot be wrong.

Would you only allow photos that show an accomodation in a positive light, or would you take the bold decision to show the less than attractive aspects of an accomodation?

Eileen.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
re photos
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 06:53:11 PM »
Good question Eileen.................... : :!:  I think constructive information(not criticism)..would be the option,and lets say that any photos shown would highlite there cleanliness ,hospitality & amenities etc .Maybe any, lets say lesser establishments would be conspicuous by there absence.The problem is  we all have different requirements & expectations.I have seen very few complaints of accomodation anywhere in Arillas & yet being a regular for the last 6 years,I have spoke to one or two dissatisfied visitors,usualy not used to the Greek way of life & and expecting all mod cons.Also there are other websites that give in depth reports on accomodation...There is a lot of truthful info on this site...what  do you think :?:

Offline Mossey

Re: re photos
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 07:35:10 PM »
Quote from: kes
Good question Eileen.................... : :!:  I think constructive information(not criticism)..would be the option,and lets say that any photos shown would highlite there cleanliness ,hospitality & amenities etc .Maybe any, lets say lesser establishments would be conspicuous by there absence.The problem is  we all have different requirements & expectations.I have seen very few complaints of accomodation anywhere in Arillas & yet being a regular for the last 6 years,I have spoke to one or two dissatisfied visitors,usualy not used to the Greek way of life & and expecting all mod cons.Also there are other websites that give in depth reports on accomodation...There is a lot of truthful info on this site...what  do you think :?:

think we should try to set it up, anything that helps people with their holiday choice can only be good, and will take some of the guesswork out of booking.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
photos
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 07:54:45 PM »
That's a good point of you Elaine and kes,
I think that there is always a possibility to take very good picture of any accommodation as there is to take a very bad one at the same time.
So I do not think that we should judge just from the pictures.
the posts of all our members have been a great help for many visitors anyway.
Although 99% of the comments/posts of our forum are positive,
I'm always scared of the thought that somebody is going to write really bad thinks about someone or something in Arillas and then I do not know how an accommodation owner can react or correspond. Most of the people in Arillas are not very familiar with internet and I could be easily blamed for anything as there is still a lot of people who do not understand what the aim of arillas.com website is.
It's fair enough though because it's a new way of communication that some people have no access yet.
The accommodation reviews was a very risky part of our forum as nobody is perfect and the expectations always differ from visitor to visitor.
I was very happy to see that if someone has given a bad review there was always some people that have posted a good one from their own part etc.
I think this is very honest and healthy way of communication in order to find your way to your holiday destination. (as far as you do not blame me)

We are now getting ready for our EASTER today we had to slotted the lambs and on Sunday we will have them spit roasted.

Happy easter ΚΑΛΟ ΠΑΣΧΑ

Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re photos
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 08:28:39 PM »
I agree with all you say Dimitris...and it would be totaly unfair to criticise any establishment without them having the option to reply....and I would not consider it. As for my point reguarding photos for constructive information only,and do it on request..ie if anyone requires photos of accomodation and a forum member has any, then go ahead and show them...without any opinion or remarks..after all its only like looking through a brochure....what do you think :?:

PS... Save me some Lamb for Tuesday May 9th :P

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
thanks
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 08:34:33 PM »
Thank you kes lets keep on like that.!!

I'll have some lamb for you but on wendesday the 10th if that's OK

OH ! have to leave you now I'm off to the church IT'S LATE  the priest will be waiting for me.....

cheers,

Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
re photos
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 08:46:07 PM »
Your getting too smart with your animations Dimitris .... :lol: Now you are giving me other ideas ... :idea: I could up load some video footage of accomodation...

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Accommoddation photos
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 08:48:16 PM »
Kes,

Yes, I agree with what you say  "after all its only like looking through a brochure...." in my opinion this is the best way to go forward.  After all, the brochures and websites only have limited advertising space, I'm always surprised that some Tour Ops/Owners expect people to book accomodation based on a couple of photos.

Personally I don't think you should be drawn into criticism...just think of the flak you could get!

Have you noticed that on the forum it is always the same accomodation on which  questions are asked?  This will be of course because these are the apartments etc contracted to the Tour Ops.  Wouldn't it be good if some of the privately offered accomodation was highlighted, by satisfied clients?

i.e  We stayed in Thomas Bungalows for a few days last year, once we arrived we wished we had booked them for longer they were so lovely (as were the owners).

Dimitris, could you please save some lamb for next Saturday the 29th?!

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
re photos
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 09:04:46 PM »
Ok  lets have some photos..max 4 photos per property...try to keep the file size reasonable without losing to much quality.and I will set in motion.I will add name of acomodation &  the locality in the village...also I could do with someone to verify the photos are correct before publishing..Someone could send photos of some fab villa and the real one could be a shed in a field:.... :evil:   get my point.
Also I am usualy quite busy with work & one thing  and another... so give me time to put them on.

email photos to..   jka@blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Pete E

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Accommoddation photos
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 03:33:42 PM »
I too think this is a really good idea.  I have quite a good photo of Nikos Apartments that I wanted to post somewhere but didn't know where.  The only thing is though, Kes, that I am clueless when it comes to file sizes and stuff.  If we send you photos of accommodation are you OK sizing them at your end?  If not could you tell us how to do it?

Thanks

Pete

PS Don't take this the wrong way anyone but I am always fascinated by the various ways of spelling the word accommodation that I come across - this thread is a case in point! (Two 'c's and two 'm's)  :wink:

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Photos
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 07:50:02 PM »
Hi Pete,
Right click the file in question & select properties..check the size & the file format .jpeg is usualy the best for e mailing & quality.Usual size around 100k to 400k (depends what resoloutiuon you took the photos in)if they are not jpeg files .open them in your graphics software and select "save as" and in file type select "jpeg"
If  you don`t have a broadband connection,then it may be better to send photos one at a time....you could also compress them using "winzip".
       Another option is to select the photo  file,right click and select "send to".  then select  "mail recipient" ..if the file is large it will give you the optoin to compress them automatically.
  I will probably have to do some adjustments to photos to comply with the format I use.....so just send em  :P

hope this is of help

Booking.com