Author Topic: Can anyone nip into Bardis?  (Read 6726 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Can anyone nip into Bardis?
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:09:59 PM »
I've just posted this on picture gallery????

Can anyone tell me if it would be okay to pop into Bardis studios for a quick drink?

We were returning from an exhausting visit to Afionas and walked past the Bardis studios. We were so tempted to pop in for a cold drink but wasn't sure if this was the done thing?

We may have even ordered some food as their reviews are outstanding!

Would we have been all right to do this?

Suzy X

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Can anyone nip into Bardis?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:47:05 PM »
Hi Suzy - yes anyone can use the bar and pool. The Bardis family make everyone welcome. They also serve meals. Poppy is an excellent cook.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:04:44 PM »
Thanks Sonia

On our next walk up to Afionas we will definitely pop in for a much needed refreshing  drink on our return journey and perhaps a quick dip into their inviting pool followed by a delicious meal...any recommendations Sonia?

Suzy x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 11:14:04 PM »
We have just had snacks/breakfast.  All that I have had has been delicious is  cooked  breakfast, gyros and the village sausage. I will probably think of something else once I have posted this. Lol.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »
Suzy, for our first meeting with Poppy George and Bobby at the Bardis Studios, we walked in off the street one evening, introduced ourselves and spent the next couple of hours around the table outside the bar (next to the room we now always use) just chatting. We were complete strangers then. As it turned out we booked with them the next summer, and have now stayed more times than we can remember!

My favourite meal is Soutzoukakia with rice - a Greek sausage in a rich, aromatic tomato sauce. We dined there with Eggy and Wendy last summer and Wendy had the same as me.

The Bardis family are very special to us now, and you will find their open hospitality refreshing. Just do it...........

Phil

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 11:18:32 PM »
Expect the unexpected Suzy. You will be given a warm welcome from the genuinely lovely Bardis family. A quick drink may well turn into an afternoon of true Greek hospitality, a full appreciation of Poppy's mouth-watering culinary skills, good conversation, a new set of friends, a hangover, a face aching from so much laughter ..... and a booking for your next years' accommodation.   

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 11:25:32 PM »
Try their Feta from the oven, Poppy's recipe is served on a bed of roasted peppers, it's especially good.

Looks like we posted at the same time Phil, with the almost the same sentiments :-)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 11:29:12 PM »
Thanks Cypress and Phil for all the advice.

I feel welcomed already...maybe we will bump into each other?

Suzy x

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 11:31:16 PM »
Btw Phil...

What is Soutzouzakia I'm intrigued?

Suzy X

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 11:31:58 PM »
I thought that too Cypress.... and totally agree about the Feta on a bed of peppers - I have been known to have that for breakfast! We are both looking forward to sharing a few moments this July. Table 13 awaits.................

loveandhugs
Phil

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 11:33:41 PM »
Oh! I am getting suggestions now that I will try myself. Will def try the baked feta. What dates are you there Suzy. We are there 26  June to 10 July so if you nip in then please introduce yourself if I am around. Sounds like we !right end up with an impromptu forum get together as Karen and Phil will also be there the second week that we are there.😎

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 11:36:27 PM »
You have answered my question Suzy on the other thread. We will miss you. I would def recommend the night cap. Great atmosphere and company.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 11:37:12 PM »
Hi again, Suzy. Souzoukakia is a sausage not unlike a meatball, obvious Italian influences, and not like any other I have ever had. Three was just a bit too much for me to eat, but Eggy came to my rescue and ate the last one. It was served with a gorgeous strong tomato sauce heavily flavoured with Greek oregano, onion and garlic. My mouth is watering just describing it.....

Phil

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 11:38:51 PM »
Phil...it sound absolutely devine!

Suzy X

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 11:41:50 PM »
Sonia...I will take your word for it and try a night cap there and the walk back will perhaps sober me up. Ha ha!

Suzy x

Booking.com