Author Topic: Why do you keep going to the same place?  (Read 18140 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Why do you keep going to the same place?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »
My name is Erja and I am a Arillas addict too.

The answer to the question of why returning every year is simple - friendships! :)

Plus you get more out of your holidays when you don't have to spend time and find out where you like to eat etc.

When I arrive to Arillas the holiday starts immediately with no faffing about and it can be enjoyed to the max 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »
There was something that happened to me the day I first walked into Arillas village. Not to be too airy fairy about it all (because I can be :-)), there was a certain pull, a sense of coming home - call it what you will. That had never happened to me before and this was before I knew a soul or had even sampled a restaurant.

Perhaps it was Fate that brought me to the place that I will always return, who knows. The good news is that I did find Arillas, can't bear to think that I would never have found it. This year is my fifth year in a row.

But, to answer the question 'why do you keep going to the same place?' ...... Because it's fab, the people are genuine, kind and friendly, they have to make a living but still insist on giving me free drinks, the food is the best I ever had anywhere, Arillas and Corfu are beautiful, glorious sunsets, it's a chilled, quiet and a restorative village, none of this all-inclusive, hard sell trips out, set meal times, fighting for sunbeds mentality (I've done it myself and appreciate that that is what some people prefer), the beach and sea are clean, safe, and delightful. Also, there are separate uses for different areas of the beach - families, textile, non-textile, little spots to hide away, the food again, the flowers, trees, the indigenous nature, ..... 

I could go on, but I'm only preaching to the converted :-). If you haven't been, do give it a try, I'll eat my hat if you don't love Arillas.         

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 07:32:54 PM »
This year will be our 5th visit. After the first visit we thought "yeah we will go back one more time!" Each year now we try to convince ourselves that we will go somewhere else as there a many lovely greek islands but at the last minute we change our minds.
There is such a lovely feeling when we pull into the village. I feel safe there and if i had to walk at night alone I would be ok with it and at home I am such a chicken going out in the dark by myself. The people are so friendly as are all the other holiday makers.

Got to be Arillas all the way!!!!!! Roll on

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 07:45:27 PM »
This year will be our 9th, I think. We're not quite sure but it's at least 9. I agree with everything that's been posted so far, our kids have grown up there, it does feel like home, the locals are lovely, we even had a message off Nikos and Angela with an emoji saying they missed us. Unfortunately we left it too late to book Mirage but we know Rainbow is perfect too. I picture the faces of people there and they do feel like friends. It's a month to go until we arrive and I'm already excited about being there.

Offline momo

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 12:46:01 AM »
Arillas is very beautiful and has wonderful tavernas, beach shops, walks,access to other villages is easy, etc. Great.  But that's not what brings us back year after year. it's the people. The local folk (Greek and from elsewhere) are so friendly with fun banter and chat. They make an effort to get to know everyone. When we return we can't wait to see everyone we know.  It's not just the locals though.  Somehow Arillas attracts friendly tourists!  We often meet the same people from previous years and have made friends we value highly. So we have to go back to see friends, make more and see good old Arillas itself. We love it. On other holidays we spent ages settling in but here we know what we want and get right into it from day one. There's still plenty we haven't done there and we might get round to some of it this year - and maybe not.
Can't wait!

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 10:07:44 PM »
I guess we've been going since 2002. We had a gap in the middle, but from 2007 we've been at least twice a year. 21 separate times, well over a whole year spent there so far. But many others make us sound like novices. Why? For us it is a combination of the wonderful honest people who own and run the businesses, and its peaceful setting along the glorious, changeable and special beach. Then the food of course.....

The question for us is simpler: "why go anywhere else?"

Phil

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 10:38:21 PM »
Perhaps this thread ought to be pasted (or whatever it is you do :-) ) to the public part of the forum? Non-members can then see why we love Arillas as we do - might even encourage a first time visit, who knows.

(3 weeks tomorrow ...eeek)

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 11:08:41 PM »
People, place and  food in that order. simples 😎

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »
See you there cypress meluvver!! So agree that this should be in General Information and available to the whole world.

Phil

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 12:39:16 AM »
Two weeks today. Also see you there Cypress and Phil.  😎

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 02:02:04 AM »

We have been back in the UK three weeks and we will back in our favourite village tomorrow. Off to bed now and then taxi to Machester for our 1.30 pm flight.

Why do we keep coming back, that's easy......we love being there.

Night night Val and Bill xx
The love affair continues.

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 09:00:57 AM »
Also, a good deal on travel / accommodation,on a few occasions we have looked to holiday elsewhere and the last minute decided on Corfu due to competive price

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 09:54:18 AM »
See you all in paradise!

Have a great time Val and Bill x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 11:15:06 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you again Sonia. Only 3 weeks now!!

Phil

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 02:44:17 PM »
18 more sleeps 😎

Booking.com