Author Topic: Why do you keep going to the same place?  (Read 18146 times)

Offline wissettlewis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Why do you keep going to the same place?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 01:04:15 PM »
I believe this will be 18th time visiting, not bad for someone who is 21! As i grew up and entered my late teens i convinced myself that i would holiday to other destinations. I went to Italy & Turkey but in no way did it compare to Arillas. I find it amazing that a lot of you talk about the spiritual pull, i feel it too! Each year i feel like im returning home. You just cant beat that sunset, the variety of lush food and the sound of the waves. I dont see myself ever stop visiting Arillas and i look forward to in the future taking my own children there and watching them grow up there just like i did. What a place! :)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 02:16:56 PM »
It was great reading your last post Lewis and I hope your children and grandchildren keep visiting.

Offline wissettlewis

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »
Thanks Terry, see you in Arillas! I land on the 16th!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2016, 04:25:40 PM »
We get there on the 24th and guess what, with our children and grandchildren for whom it will be a fourth visit. Will look forward to seeing you again.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2016, 06:51:28 PM »
That's lovely Lewis, my son came with me for the 1st time last year and loved, they're busy having babies at the moment but we're hoping they will all be coming with us again soon x

Offline Linsey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2016, 10:23:26 PM »
We first went to Arillas as a couple 8 years ago and have returned each year. We now have a 5 year old Arillas addict as well! She first visited when she was 10 months old and I remember watching her delight crawling into the sea in her nappy! As a family we have always felt safe and well looked after when we are on holiday. We arrive next Tuesday and Faye has our first day all planned - lunch, swimming, beach and pizza! We love the welcome we get in every restaurant and can settle in easily to Arillas time. Uno on the balcony, a leisurely family dinner and a trip to the coconut before bed. Boarding passes are printed, cases looked out and we are ready to go!

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2016, 08:40:14 PM »
This our 12th year and we both still love it. So many people you recognise from previous years! The food is great, the people so welcoming and oh yes it's usually sunny for the whole time.

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 10:42:58 AM »
It's only one more week until we arrive in Arillas. I can't believe how excited I am about my holiday. The difficult part will be where to eat on the first night. We have already planned to get out room at rainbow, quickly unpack the backs before running down to the beach to dive off the jetty into the sea. I've cold Mythos in coconuts, cocktails at mirage, night caps at horizon, it's absolute heaven.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 11:17:37 AM »
2 weeks today for this and cannot WAIT! definitely Brouklis for us first night :)

Offline wissettlewis

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2016, 01:55:10 PM »
Hi all, it is with much regret i have to announce that over the weekend me and my partner split up after 3 and a half years. We were due to fly to Arillas this Saturday but i have now managed to change my flight to the 18th so i can come with my parents. I am so devastated to lose her, and im still coming to terms with why she betrayed me. I hope arillas helps heal my pain which im sure it will. If any of you see me please be sure to give me a hug as it is what i need at the moment! Im already looking to the future and hope that sooner rather than later i meet my 'true love' and get the chance to show her Arillas and make it our spiritual home. Trying to stay positive!! :)

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 03:51:01 PM »
Ah Lewis! How I wish I was in Arillas when you are there to give you one such big hug.  I don't want to reel off the clichés but rather just say - I am thinking of you and wish you a fantastic holiday, which I know without doubt, you will have in beautiful Arillas.

Offline wissettlewis

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 03:56:36 PM »
Thanks Sonia, i appreciate you saying that :)

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 05:39:03 PM »
Aw Lewis, so sorry, am really glad you are still going to Arillas, hope it does help you to get over it and your mum will no doubt help too!

My son was left heartbroken by an ex around your age, he's now 28, with 2 gorgeous children and very happy with his partner.  Sending you a virtual hug, have a great holiday.

Sharon x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 07:52:31 PM »

Very much the same story with my son, but they were married. After the heartbreak came true love though,  he is now married to a wonderful girl and has two boys born within two years. They both have white  blonde hair and the eldest is called Lewis 😊 Happiness is out there waiting for you too.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »
Lewis, I'm sending you the cuddliest of hugs. Be kind to yourself, go through all the emotions, and one day you'll look back on this time as a new beginning. Have a fantastic time with your family. Big love x

Booking.com