Author Topic: Restaurants.  (Read 27676 times)

Offline emeralddragons

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Restaurants.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 04:01:36 PM »
The best thing about Arillas´ restaurants, tavernas etc. is that not only are they excellent, they are all different as well! It would be boring to have to eat the same kind of food for a fortnight, no matter how tasty.
   Our top 3 looks like this:
   Brouklis for genuine Corfiot food, made with love and care, and no micro-wave! And for me always with Dimitris´ father´s rosé!
   Effie´s for Greek food of a nice home-made kind. The garlic prawns are famous, but they have a lot of other goodies as well.
   Horizon for a more sophisticated cuisine with an international touch. Horizon´s chef Spiros could work in any top quality restaurant on the continent. We are lucky that he has chosen to stay in Corfu.
   (I simply cannot agree with billyd´s comment about Horizon´s food always being served with chips.)
   There are lots of other fine restaurants serving Greek food. Some of them also serve hamburgers, pizza etc. or even a British Sunday roast with Yorkshire pudding.
   Then there is the pizzeria, the barbecue place... Visitors are spoilt for choice.
Emeralddragons

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 06:03:49 PM »
If you get the chance to go up to Afionas try Anemos. Spiro who runs it with his wife & family is the brother of Jimmy Anthis from the Rainbow.
We have been up there on a couple of occasions for lunch & dinner & the food is always fantastic & of course Spiros dry wit is always amusing & the views are fantastic.
karen

Offline annec

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • Random Things Through my Letterbox
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 11:26:01 AM »
You must try the new grill - Bouyata, next to the Malibu and owned by the same family.
Their food is amazing!

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 12:03:43 PM »
  From Nick
And Horizon... I'm going on my first night 6th Aug.

Its our last night at the Horizon Nick. It will be good to meet you Nick, and you will have a great night with amazing food. That's a promise :-)

Terry

Cheers Terry,
It would be the first time I've actually met someone on this site in Arillas! Look forward to it.

Offline NickBoardman

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »
There's far to many to fit in in a fortnight. I'll try some new ones this time but it looks like I'll have to go back again to try the others. :)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »
Beach point is another great grill restaurant Nick, they are very famous for their gyros pitta..delicious! We love to eat them as a take away on the beach with a bottle of cold mythos from Alex's supermarket next door. They serve lots of different dishes  - Greek and English. The portions are huge and the prices are very reasonable. The staff are very friendly too as are most of the restaurants in arillas. It's one our favourite places to chill out just watching the world go by!
As everyone has said all the restaurants are great and I love them all for different reasons.
Enjoy!

Suzy x

Offline Andy and Claire

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 05:04:22 PM »
That's exactly what we do Suzy, you cant beat gyros and Mythos on the beach. We used to get ours from the place up past the Nut on the right, although that was 8 years ago so he may not be there anymore.  Roll on the 30th and we come back to Arillas.
Andy.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 05:39:24 PM »
No the grill room next to the Malibu is no longer there but there is a new bbq place opened in its place this year which has had very good reports

Offline Seagull Chris

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 09:55:52 PM »
You must try the new grill - Bouyata, next to the Malibu and owned by the same family.
Their food is amazing!

We have just got home from our first Arillas visit.
We fancied a light snacky meal one evening so we tried Bouyata. It was the worst dining experience of the fortnight.
We had a chicken pita and a pork one. Both were luke warm, I wanted the pork and got the chicken one. The chips were
cold and greasy and we had to ask for knives and forks.
Chap and his girlfriend on next table had a mixed grill, served on a wood platter, but he had to go to the counter to ask for a couple of plates because he couldnt attract any attention.
Maybe it was an off night, but we were seriously unimpressed.

Other than that, we had superb meals every single evening.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 11:15:04 PM »
From a hygiene poin of view the pictures of meat on wooden boards has put me of

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 01:33:19 AM »
Glad you enjoyed your visit Seagull Chris! Tell us more!

Offline billyd

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 08:17:57 PM »
Had 4 great meals in Arillas this week. Mirage a lovely Stifado, Efi's a huge Pastistada, posh fish at the Thallasa and wonderful Mousaka at the Brouklis. Sorry about the comment about the Horizon, I should have said its Rice and chips

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 01:26:45 AM »
I can't believe that Portofino hasn't had a mention, lovely food

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
Only eaten there one lunch and it was very nice....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 10:34:55 AM »
Portofino's stamina is to die for as is his souvlaki oh and the stuffed tomatoes are lush!

Booking.com