Author Topic: Restaurants.  (Read 27687 times)

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Restaurants.
« on: June 18, 2016, 09:50:38 AM »
I was wondering if there were any really good restaurants I have missed in my (only) three visits.

I have tried Vinceramo, Grazella, Thomas's, Horizon, Mirage, Kostas on the Beach, Portofino, Captains and Rainbows Bar-B night.

I have been to Brouklis once, that was fantastic, so definitely going there again, thanks to Phil and Jen for that one. And Horizon... I'm going on my first night 6th Aug.

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
Re: Restaurants.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »
Effys are equally as good as the rest,they do a mean spinach pie!

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 10:50:42 AM »
Try Effies (on the front, toward the ramp down to the beach) and try their Garlic Prawns. That's the best tip I'll give anyone today!

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
Sorry, didn't know you'd posted the same intentioncraft.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 11:01:41 AM »
Armourada has it's fans as does Akti Hotel. Guests , at Tria Adelphia, always give me good reports about the food and their spit lamb , on Sundays, I have enjoyed a few times. Maybe try Rainbow not only for the Barbie but also weekly specials and Marvel , next door, has not disappointed me on the occasions we have eaten there.
Further afield, if you have time left, perhaps give Night Owl, Afionas, a try or FantaSea, Ag Stephanos, overlooking the beach
Cheers
Negg.

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 12:25:34 PM »
Marina and Thalassa.
Ann x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 01:27:16 PM »
Vivallas fish tavern
This is a must, situated on the road that runs from the south end of the beach past Bardis Hotel about 500mtrs on the left hand side

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 05:33:32 PM »
Yes, the garlic prawns at Efis are a must if you like prawns. Messy but gorgeous.  If you have transport whilst there I would recommend Romeo's at Pagi. Beautiful authentic Greek food and if you like Retsina then definitely try and get as it is homemade and fantastic.

Offline billyd

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 10:44:09 PM »
All the restaurants are pretty good! Our favourites are The Thallasa, Efi's, Kosta's, Brouklis and the Mirage.
But like I say they are all worth a try. Not been to the Horizon much as they tend to do most food with chips. We love the oven potatoes with the mains....

Offline KarenL

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 02:35:59 AM »
Horizon ... Chips?  Don't think I've ever had an evening meal there with chips!  Are you confusing them with somewhere else?

Offline NickBoardman

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 10:03:35 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestion, will definitely try them. Not been over to Anions so that will be a first this year.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 01:18:35 PM »
Not tried Armourada or the Rainbow. We do mainly  stick to the  tavernas on the sea front - mainly Viceremos or Gratziellas.  The only exceptions we make are Brouklis and Vavilas Fish Restaurant but we should perhaps broaden our horizons a bit because, after all,  if we had not tried Brouklis and Vavilas we would never have found out how fantastic they are.

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 02:22:52 PM »
Never had a bad meal in 16 years in any Taverna's in Arillas.  Not long now

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 03:02:51 PM »
  From Nick
And Horizon... I'm going on my first night 6th Aug.

Its our last night at the Horizon Nick. It will be good to meet you Nick, and you will have a great night with amazing food. That's a promise :-)

Terry

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »
Not tried Armourada or the Rainbow. We do mainly  stick to the  tavernas on the sea front - mainly Viceremos or Gratziellas.  The only exceptions we make are Brouklis and Vavilas Fish Restaurant but we should perhaps broaden our horizons a bit because, after all,  if we had not tried Brouklis and Vavilas we would never have found out how fantastic they are.

Rainbow is WELL worth a try Sonia. I must be honest and say that although I have always liked the place I wasn't sure if the food but be that good but it was ......
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com