Author Topic: Restaurants.  (Read 27686 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Restaurants.
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2016, 11:19:59 AM »
To the night owl it is about 45 Mon walk. Then another 15 minute walk up to the main square in Afionas. We used to walk it early in the morning when our kids were about 11 and 8.

The name night owl might have given you the wrong impression Nick as it is just a taverna not a club or anything.  In fact when we were there the other night there was a little boy in who was 2 and the owners gave him a box of toys to play with so very child friendly.

Offline annec

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • Random Things Through my Letterbox
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2016, 05:39:20 PM »
Ate at bouyata the other day.
Awful - everything was reheated in the 'special' mixed grill.
The meat was fatty and congealed / Luke warm.
The reheated chicken leg was left uneaten along with most the of the 'meat'
Very disappointed.

Oh no, what a shame. We ate there four times in two weeks and had really lovely food.  We noticed that it's very popular with locals too. 

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2016, 07:37:45 PM »
The wife and I went to the Brouklis last night, we were stuffed when we came out! I had the home made cheese pies (4) and Giouvaralakia (or something like that) the special for that night. Meatballs, with lovely cooked veggies. The wife had Feta Saganaki (I love that myself) and the Briami and it was excellent. Although the place was heaving we were made very welcome, again. Surely a must for Arillas addicts.

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2016, 09:06:48 AM »
One thing I have found is that portions are always big. There isn't always a need for a starter. I went to Grazela a couple of holidays ago, we got very carried away with starters, sides and mains. The owner shook his head and told us off for ordering to much...In a nice way, but to be honest he was right. Eyes bigger than the belly.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2016, 10:49:56 AM »
A couple of nights ago we went to Mon Amour. A group. of us were picked up in Mon amours mini bus. We had a great time. The food was delicious. I had the spit roast lamb which comes with delicious potatoes. My husband had the mixed grill and was especially impressed with the chicken on it saying that it had a lot of flavour. The portions are big so you don't need a starter. We had lots of Greek salad left over and they kindly put it in a doggy bag for us. I think their homemade wine is a little rustic but they sell labeled bottles of wine and we had a Cabernet savignon for 8 Euros. At the end they gave us free platters of melon and cherries. I would definitely recommend  this taverna.

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »
I have always had my favourites in Arillas and those that I like less. I wouldn't say anywhere is terrible as there's places I like that others have criticised and restaurants I don't visit that others swear by. All of the restaurants offer good value, whether it's the more expensive places who's food you can't criticise or the cheaper places which are a little more basic. I remember having a moan last time I visited because people at adjacent tables were lighting up cigarettes as soon as they'd finished a course with no consideration of people at the next table. That ruined my enjoyment more than the quality of the food.

Booking.com