Author Topic: Questions!  (Read 5087 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Questions!
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:16:59 PM »
My son and his girlfriend have unfortunately split up so she is not coming to Arillas with us now.  I have two questions if anyone can help because EJ are worse than useless in replying to my emails.  Firstly do I have to inform them she will not now be taking the flight or can I just tell them when I get there.  As the booking is in my name can I use her luggage allowance even if she is not sitting on the plane??!

One other thing one of my other son's is coming via a package deal with Thomas Cook BUT they are using EJ planes. They have paid  for their 15k allocation but as EJ do 20k as standard would they be able to have the extra without paying more to Thomas cook? bit of a gamble though I suppose

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Questions!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »
Sorry to hear that Jo :-(
I am sure you can't use the luggage allowance unless the person boards. I have flown away on lads holidays and people have not turned up on the day and we didn't let the airline know and had no problem at all
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:12:51 PM »

Jo as far as I am aware you can only use the luggage allowance that is printed on your ticket even if anyone in your party doesn't turn up to check-in.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »
The luggage allowance is accumulative for your party though. So for instance if there were 2 of you and you had 20 kg each and one of you had 25 kg in their suitcase and one had 15 kg that would be o.k. as the total is no more than your accumulative allowance of 40 kg.  The only thing is one suitcase can not be heavier than 35 kg because of Manual Handling Regulations.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »
Thanks all

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 05:30:12 PM »
The luggage allowance might be cumulative but only if everyone turns up.  You will not be allowed the allowance of a "no show".

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 10:09:57 PM »
Hi
Not all airlines allow you to share a total luggage allowance for your group.
Thomson allow a max of 25k per person but only max of 23k per case
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Booking.com