Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 40443 times)

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Brexit
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:40:17 AM »
Personally I'm gutted, I think we've got a very difficult 10 years ahead of us.

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Brexit
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 11:52:28 AM »
I agree Mick, I am completely gutted as well. There are none so blind as those who don't want to see.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 12:35:19 PM »
I will third that . I almost feel like it is a self inflicted recession we are going to go into BUT that's my opinion and the electorate did not agree with me.......
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 12:37:35 PM »
4th that
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 01:07:21 PM »
I've been trying to see what the exchange rate is but all the currency sites have crashed.

Offline jackson

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 02:02:11 PM »
How many will say in the future if indeed it all goes wrong that they actually voted the opposite way as they generally do when they realise the have made a catastrophic mistake

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 03:37:10 PM »
It's now a brave new world and we're all in it together,I think we will eventually look back and history will record a righteous decision,a great legacy for our children and there direct prosperity.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 04:07:32 PM »
That's what we all hope (and you could well be right) but try telling the people that will suffer for the next few years to "hang on in there , its going to get better!" .
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 04:14:04 PM »
We will look back when pensions are down, interest rates are high, workers rights are diminished, unemployment rises, our grandchildren can't get jobs, the UK has been dismantled, and  holidays in Europe are too expensive and think how did so many gullible people vote to leave and cause misery for the rest of us. A very sad day.

The immediate downside is that we will have less money to spend in Arillas, which won't help the Greek economy either.

Offline davejayne

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »
what about the 27.7% who could not be assed to vote why not vent anger at them for not making a difference.
the reason we have left the EU is we have the right to vote as we see fit. they have voted which ever way because  thats what they beleave
thats what happens in a Democratic free country and we still are. the door was open we walked through it now we have to deal with it together.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 04:43:14 PM »
Quick query, is anyone on here of the age for experiencing life/work etc before the UK joined the EU in 1975?  Just interested as to how life (health, work, benefits, security etc) has changed since then - and did that affect how you voted?   At that referendum, turnout was 65% with 67% in favour of joining.   

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 07:05:46 PM »
Direct your vitriol at the alleged 80% housing estate residence,who in every other election numbered only 30% , ...ask them why they voted to leave,with few exceptions the answer will be immigration,ask them to bullet point any other debatable agenda regarding the referendum,the typical answer will be to take back control from a broken and antiquated system of government,I'm the first to concede that the alternative does not in the short term look appealing,but, the global economy now beckons,we are not a third world nation and will equally prosper as well as any leading industrial economy,the world will now come knocking on our door,and besides there always Skegness!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 07:25:08 PM »
i voted in the referendem over joining the EU and voted against Joining,but since we have been in i have voted to stay both times now we have had the chance to vote.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »
We will look back when pensions are down, interest rates are high, workers rights are diminished, unemployment rises, our grandchildren can't get jobs, the UK has been dismantled, and  holidays in Europe are too expensive and think how did so many gullible people vote to leave and cause misery for the rest of us. A very sad day.

The immediate downside is that we will have less money to spend in Arillas, which won't help the Greek economy either.

Nothing to add...Well said!

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 11:28:53 PM »
Well said Terry can't agree more! The only good thing is we get rid of one twit, with the possibility of having an ever bigger twit in charge. To answer a question from previous, I was around prior to the 1975 era. We had 3 day weeks guzzumping in the housing market and endless strikes. But it never seems that bad when you look back.

Booking.com