Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 40442 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Brexit
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »
Hi
Sorry I could not resist. My final comment no matter what. Unless the topic moves to general discussion lol.
I quote from one of the worlds greatest statesmen and one of Great Britain greatest Prime Ministers,

'' We have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked but not combined. We are interested and associated but not absorbed. If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea''

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 05:35:26 PM »
I don't wish to be pedantic but that is a misquote, the first part was part of a speech Churchill made in America, the final sentence was something Churchill shouted at De Gaulle during a row around 25 years later in 1944.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 06:52:50 PM »
The only issue here is that Arillas General Information should be restricted to Arillas topics so this discussion does not fit. It should be General Chat and other Gossips - maybe dear Dimitris will move it there and let the discussion continue amongst members. We are all in denial right now. Nobody really knows what is going to happen. But personally, I just want to ignore as much as possible and continue my dream of spending many months in Arillas.

Phil

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 07:45:20 PM »
Any one had any dealings with so called BIG AL,the guy posts tutorial vids on YouTube, I am considering seeking his advise on property matters in Corfu,any comments regarding his integrity!

Booking.com