Author Topic: Heartbroken  (Read 10435 times)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
Heartbroken
« on: June 29, 2016, 09:11:19 PM »
I found out this morning that I can't travel to Arillas because of medical reasons. I was supposed to be going on Monday for a month. What can I say, I'm just stunned with sadness. A whole year dreaming of my visit to my paradise and now it's no more.

All you lovely people - have yourselves a wonderful time whenever you go.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Heartbroken
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 09:43:21 PM »
Soooo sorry Karen. What a devastating blow. You will be sorely missed - not least by Jen and me. There is nothing we can say to comfort, knowing how we would feel in those circumstances. Just express our sadness at this turn of events which we fully understand leaves you heartbroken.

with love and hugs
Phil and Jen

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 10:30:58 PM »
Awwwww.......so sad for you Karen! We will live it up for you in August - I know it's not the same but I hope you feel better soon :) X
Life is good ;)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 10:32:40 PM »
Oh no Karen! Feel so sorry for you but you must make your health your number 1 priority. Arillas will be there waiting for you xx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 11:07:17 PM »
Oh Karen we so sorry to hear you are unable to travel. You must be heart broken, we know how much being in Arillas means to you
We are going to miss you especially on our get together.

We hope that the cause of the cancelation of your trip can be sorted soon and you are able to get out to Arillas in the near future.
Your health must come first. Keep your chin up Arillas will be awaiting your return

We send our best wishes for a speedy recovery   

Lots of Love Dot & John Xxx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 01:21:15 AM »

So sorry you will miss your visit but your health comes first, Arillas will be waiting for your return Karen.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 07:36:24 AM »
i Know how you feel and am so sorry.we went for 1 month May last year and it was so pleasant,we should have gone again last October,but 1 week before we were due to travel Sally decided to break her ankle,which meant she could not fly,we were gutted.To make matters worse we had booked two weeks in Menorca for May this year,so by the time we get back to Arillas it will be getting on for 18 months.Roll around 30th Sept.
Hope you can get back to Arillas sometime and this is only a temporey blip(spelling may not be correct Viv and i went to the same spelling school lol)
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 10:27:49 AM »
Hi Karen,. I feel devastated for you. It is a blow to find out about any health problems at any time but the timing will add to your sadness. Sorry we won get to meet you. Take care and try to stay positive.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 11:49:26 AM »
Such kind words, thank you everyone. Go and have a ball and, if you can, would you take lots of pictures? It'll help with the countdown to 'Cypress in paradise 2017' :-) 

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 12:17:21 PM »
oh no :-(  So very sorry to hear you can't go on holiday. It must be especially hard when it was to be for an extended period too. 
I hope your health issues are soon resolved or controlled and you can plan your next visit.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 09:39:46 AM »
Just seen this post, not been on here in a while, am sorry to hear you will not get your trip this year, a lot of us on here have been in your situation so know how you feel!  Rest up, follow doctor's orders and I hope you are better soon.

Arillas will welcome you with the biggest hug your soul will ever receive when you get well!
Cheryl O

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 11:41:24 AM »
Thanks Cheryl and everyone who's commented. I thought I was the only one it had happened to until Harold told us his story. It was terribly upsetting news at the time but I suppose it's best to be Arillas in when we feel well and we can enjoy it to the full. Nowt worse than being away from home when you're not so good.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 03:38:26 PM »
Never did I think I'd have to post the same sorry tale again.

Due to fly this Sunday for 11 days in my paradise, then Wednesday night I herniated a disc in my cervical spine. so as I'm almost immobile I've had to cancel. Devastated isn't the word.

Those of you that will be there ..... have a wonderful time.

No fireflies! No Arillas! B@gger!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 03:49:36 PM »
Karen - I am gobsmacked. Can't believe you can't go again. I am so sorry to hear this.  Hoping you are up and about again soon and that you will be finally able to make it to Arillas once you are better. x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »
Karen we are so sorry to hear this news,
Second time,  you must be devistated.
We were so looking forward to meeting up again. We will miss you not being there.
Hope you will be able to get out at a layer date ...you deserve it after being disapointed twice within 12
Wishing you all the best for a fast and speedy recovery and hope to catch you later in the
Love from Dot & John Xxx

Booking.com