Author Topic: Rubbish in Corfu 2016  (Read 5568 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Rubbish in Corfu 2016
« on: July 03, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »
Today on the local News it says: "The closure of the landfill  has stopped"
 They are now starting clearing all the areas,
 Arillas was on the Corfu news TV as it was one of the first resorts to have been completely cleaned off  the rubbish one day before the strike was finished.
 Apparently some other resort counsellors did not like  it and tried to complain LOL!!!>
  We are not sure on how long it will take them to take care of the entire Island , but It is a big relief for us local businessmen , residents and visitors,
See you soon,
Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Paulamac

Re: Rubbish in Corfu 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »
 Arillas was on the Corfu news TV as it was one of the first resorts to have been completely cleaned off  the rubbish one day before the strike was finished.
 Apparently some other resort counsellors did not like  it and tried to complain LOL!!!>
  We are not sure on how long it will take them to take care of the entire Island , but It is a big relief for us local businessmen , residents and visitors,
See you soon,
Dimitris
fantastic news Dimitris, we are coming to Arrillas 29th August, been very worried about the Rubbish, sorry i put message on here but i cant seem to find how to message on the forum.

Offline Paulamac

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 01:02:12 PM »
See you soon,
Dimitris
fantastic news Dimitris, we are coming to Arrillas 29th August, been very worried about the Rubbish, sorry i put message on here but i cant seem to find how to message on the forum.
ooh, i have just discovered how to message.

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 03:17:28 PM »

Thanks for the information Dimitri, I do hope the rubbish by the road side in Corfu town is removed soon. It was very worrying to see such great piles of rubbish every few hundred yards last week, it gives a very bad impression for first time visitors to such a beautiful island, particularly when those visitors don't know the reason behind the closure of the the landfill site.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 04:17:07 PM »
Thanks for letting us all know, we're due to arrive next week and I must admit I was a little worried.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimitri. First timers could easily assume it is always like that and never come back. It is so important to show that it is not. Jen and I have been coming to Arillas for 14 years, and are back tomorrow. We have known a few nasty smells, but rubbish problems are not an issue in Arillas. This strike and resulting problems should not stop Brits from booking Corfu. But it might....

See you next week
Phil

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 12:09:47 PM »
Let's hope that people start talking and come up with a permanent solution to the rubbish problem. It looks like the current agreement only goes to  September 2nd (see article below). You can understand how worried the people of Temploni must have been, with so much rubbish on their doorstep.

http://enimerosi.com/details.php?id=3593 - easily translated on Chrome

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 04:52:34 PM »
Well done Arillas leading the way yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »
Yes Arillas may have set the way, but what a huge job there is to remove all the rubbish. On the way to the airport yesterday all the small villages bins, were overflowing, and Corfu town is obviously the worst area effected. Huge piles of rubbish, which will not set a good impression to newcomers. Lets hope it gets back to normal soon.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 10:06:33 AM »
I can confirm that Arillas is rubbish-free (the unkind would say I'm telling lies because I am here....) The massive piles all along the way from the airport will take a lot of clearing though. Some evidence of progress seen, hopefully sorted soon.

Phil

Booking.com