Author Topic: Arillas in October  (Read 11323 times)

Offline Seagull Chris

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Arillas in October
« on: July 26, 2016, 09:55:07 PM »
We had our first visit to Arillas in June and are totally hooked. We have fallen in love with the village and the people....and the food.
So much so that when I suggested to Kay that we had a cheap week in early October, she was in full agreement.
So the question is, what is the weather generally like during the first week in October?
Flights and hotel for a week will set us back about £500 so it seems like a good idea, subject to the weather and how much of the
bars and restaurants are still open.
Do they still have sun beds on the beach, is it warm enough to lay on them, or are they put away by then?

Any past experiences and your views would be welcome.
Cheers Chris

Offline Paul & Denise

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Arillas in October
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 10:58:44 PM »
We always visit end of Sept/ Oct so that we are in Arillas for our wedding anniversary. Over the years{17} we have experienced every weather form invented !! Generally day time temperatures in the early 20's but chilly evenings. Watching dramatic storms is surprisingly relaxing. As it is quieter, the locals have plenty of time to chat which is nice. Not everywhere is still open but still choices to be made. Some sunbeds around subject to weather. An added bonus is the beer festival , this year 6th /9th October with free transport up Cardiac hill!! Hope you make it and please if you are in the Rainbow say hello

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 11:06:01 PM »
If the weather is a BIG part of your holiday I wouldn't take the chance but if its not...... GO FOR IT!
We had a cracking week mid October in Rhodes once but ofcourse its a much more Southerly island.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 10:40:05 AM »
Beer festival is around the 13th this time Paul
See you at the Rainbow we arrive on the 8th

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 06:05:45 PM »
BEER FESTIVAL IS 12TH TO 16TH,weather can be a bit hit and miss,cool at night but if you get the sun its wonderful,had a few days of rain but mostly sun and we have been going in October for years(as well as May)
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Seagull Chris

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 08:59:25 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.
Not going for the weather, going 'cos we have fallen in love with Arillas.
But needed to know what to expect with regards what to pack.
I will still wear shorts, only times i've packed a pair of strides is when we were in Greek hotels and gentlemen had to wear trousers for dinner. The other half feels a chill more than me so she will pack a pair of jeans.
Looks like its on then, subject to getting a dog sitter.

Offline Neil C

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 12:59:09 PM »
We have also visited in October many times and as previously mentioned you can get all types of weather the thunderstorms are spectacular to watch! The main thing is we have really enjoyed it every time and you get plenty of time to chat to everyone. A quick question does anyone know if a date has been set for the 2017 beer festival?

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 04:42:21 PM »
I don't think anybody goes to Arillas for the weather - well...ok...maybe the FIRST time, but after that I think the weather is almost secondary to the food/people/ambience/sunsets...etc etc etc etc...

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »
The weather is a big condideration when you have kids that want to go in the pool / sea and on the beach !  lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 11:24:13 PM »
Got back yesterday from our 2nd visit this year
Just Booked for October .... LOVE THIS PLACE

Offline Seagull Chris

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »
Absolutely fallen in love with Arillas after our first visit in June and we have just booked a week from the 5th October.
Staying at the Alex studios, look nice on the web site, anybody ever stayed there?

Offline sueandmikeakablondegirl

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 01:12:09 PM »
We had a great time In October one year. Still got on the beach. Terrific thunderstorms and the restaurants had doors closed and Windows all steamed up, which made for a cosy friendly atmosphere. Running water under the doors in our studio was a laugh, rescuing plant pots and umbrellas from the pool.  It made an interesting holiday and we loved it!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 10:00:14 PM »

We had two weeks end of September/first week October last year, we walked, talked, sunbathed and had long chats with everyone we met, Ate fabulous meals in Brouklis, Graziella, Marina, and a host of other restaurants, we only had one night going out in the rain and although we were staying at Kaloudis we went to Brouklis because it was further away than the other restaurants....Dimitri wanted to drive us back to Kaloudis but we flatly refused because we have always had sunshine holidays in all the years we have been visiting Arillas and enjoyed the experience of night time rain.

We have experienced summer storms followed by intense heat so this was something special,......we had a wonderful time, everybody had time to chat. We did have a couple of windy days so instead of lying by the pool we sat in the sun on the veranda at Kaloudis eating, drinking and relaxing or walked, the weather was far better than we expected and we had a fabulous holiday.

Val and Bill x

The love affair continues.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 11:57:54 PM »
The first time we ever went to Greece it was in October and on the Mainland. Went to see my brother in law and his wife who were living in Thessaloniki. It was 1994 and we stayed in Kriopigi in Halkidiki.

The weather was not hot but what I would describe as warm. It was still warm enough in the day to wear shorts. I remember that on the day before we left England to go to Greece we had to scrap ice of our car in the morning so to us the weather in Greece was fantastic.

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 10:46:18 PM »
Ah Sonia we used to go to Kriopigi all the time ( hence the name ) loved it there.

Booking.com