Author Topic: advice  (Read 4691 times)

Offline spartakev

advice
« on: April 27, 2006, 02:10:39 PM »
Hi Guys,

some advice please. Never been to Corfu before. My Daughter wants me to take ehr away somewere hot at the end of june so she can get a sun tan (she's fed up with the british weather)

Thought of taking her to Turkey - but my Daughters nearly 16 and quite attractive (even if I do say so myself), and have heard she may get 'pestered' by locals. :shock:

So been looking elsewhere and came across Arillas. Now for me it sounds ideal. But do you think there would be enough there to stop a 16 year old girl on holiday with her Dad from getting bored. Bearing in mind she lives in Blackpool, and is used to lots of enertainment and things to do :D

look forward to any advise

kev

Offline djrebekka

advice
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »
We were at Arillas last year and are going back in 2 weeks time for another fortnight my kids are 2 and 4 which is ok as their is kiddies swingparks. However, my point is last year we met two couples with teenagers and I'm sorry to say they were bored rigid after 2 days with lack of things to do!! Thay ended up paying for excursions to take the kids on. Sidari might suit your needs better as someone once described that to me as being a "blackpool". Hope this helps but I really enjoyed Arillas and wouldn't say anything bad about it. I haven't been to any other part of Corfu but met people who have also enjoyed Kassioppi. julie

Offline spartakev

advice
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 05:10:26 PM »
thanks Julie - that's what worried me. Think she would like at least a little 'blackpool type' entertainment  :)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
advice
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 07:15:19 PM »
Hi we have been going to Arillas for a number of years now.  Three of our Daughters have been with us over the last couple of years and loved it.  Great sunbathing through the day or a taxi or if feeling energetic a walk into Sidari followed by anight at the Coconut Bar.  One daughter was there for 5 months last year and loved it.  Everyone is so friendly I'm sure your daughter and you will love it.  We are back on the 22nd may but only taking the Grandson this time who is 9.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline spartakev

advice
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:40:53 AM »
thanks for that. I've been thinking about it all night, and I've come to the conclusion to give it a go. As she lives in Blackpool, I think it would be good for her to have a quieter more relaxed holiday - and we can spend some quality time together, as living in London, I only get to see her 3 or 4 times a year.

Look forward to seeing you all there in June... :wink:

Offline thekingofguff

advice
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 05:28:42 PM »
Hi Spartakev...

I'll be in Arillas from 12th to 26th of June, do your dates match these?  I'll be there with my 17 year old girlfriend, so maybe they can get together and free me up to watch the footy!  Just a thought, hope you have a good one!
I knew a man called Michael Knight
His car was black and his teeth were white

Isn't poetry fantastic!

Offline bodger

spartakev
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 01:15:34 PM »
comin to arillas first time june 30 wiv daughter nearly 15. she actualy requested a laid back no hassel holiday as both turkey & tunisia drove her bloody mad! shame 'cause the places were great......shame about the locals!! cant wait to get to arillas, i know its gonna be dynomite.when u comin? girls cud maybe get together?? be great for melissa, learn a blackpool accent! we live in copenhagen. cheers keith

Booking.com