Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Arillas general information / Re: Mosquito
« Last post by justphil on Today at 07:24:58 PM »
To enjoy Arillas, most of us have to take mozzie precautions. Jen used to be eaten alive, and had about 20 bites lanced and treated by the doctor in 2003. It kept us away for 4 years, until in 2007 we ventured back. The following 10 years saw us there at least 3 weeks, sometimes 4 per year with no bites at all. Our deep seated love of Corfu and Arillas began in earnest then.

She sprays her feet and legs with 50% DEET whenever we go out in the evening, and whenever her legs were potentially at risk. Exposed arms and shoulders too. She has had very few bites since.

Me? Thet HATE me. I have never been bitten, although some other insects have had a free lunch now and then.

Best wishes. Take precautions and enjoy what to us is heaven on earth.

Phil
Arillas general information / Mosquito
« Last post by Andy66 on Today at 06:49:54 PM »
Are there many mosquitos in arillas what does anyone recommend, we normally use off can you buy in arillas
Photo Gallery Board / Re: A to Z - Photographs of Arillas and Corfu
« Last post by patrickjohn on Today at 12:11:00 PM »
Well we indeed learn something new every day - thanks Kevin.

So after Q comes R - Taken on 6th September 2014 on Arillas Jetty - me in my RED SHIRT.

On the Jetty at Arillas
by pj's memories, on Flickr

Regards
Pat[/color

HI ALL

Q NO Qs in Arillas only at a bus stop so i picked this one in Pelion i know it's nothing to do with Arillas you might find it informative that's a big word for me on a Sunday

Q FOR QANAT underground tunnel for carrying irrigation water gently sloping underground channel or tunnel constructed to lead water from the interior of a hill to a village below.

KEVIN
Arillas general information / Re: Arillas Today
« Last post by sueandmikeakablondegirl on Today at 11:04:37 AM »
Footie and F1... Today!   Sunny, warm and windy, and that's just the weather 😂[g
[/gifv]. I have more mosquito bites than the years been coming to Greece!  Festival at Athinas tonight too, not sure if we will make that as will wait for the Arillas 'do' next weekend, Mr b wants to watch the footie.  If anyone plans to go to Afionas taxi is 13 euros each way.  We did a walk yesterday around  the back and top and got soaking wet, but soon dried out after breakfast. Unfortunately heard rain and thunderstorms on way Monday. Still all god tho
Arillas general information / Re: When is everybody going.
« Last post by Seagull Chris on June 22, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »
Look forward to it Terry
« Last post by TerryW on June 22, 2018, 10:27:11 PM »
It will be good to meet you at last Chris. See you on Tuesday.
« Last post by Seagull Chris on June 22, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »
That lovely feeling when you get home from work, and my wife has got the cases out of the loft.
One more get up for work on Monday and in The Horizon by Tuesday lunchtime.
« Last post by Eggy on June 22, 2018, 05:59:18 PM »
" Leopard Skin" speedos ??????????? - AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I am going to have a nightmare about them tonight. Really pleased that this post went in as a " P" for peach and not " C " for carrot!!
Negg
« Last post by patrickjohn on June 22, 2018, 05:20:28 PM »
Hi Truth - Am hoping to start swimming again soon.  Was always a keen swimmer when I was a copper - you had to be qualified as a life saver when I joined - trunks were not part of the uniform so only sometimes were they navy blue.

I always liked this pair of 'Mark Spitz' being worn on a sand dune in Denmark August 1989 - note my triplets have got some snazzy red trunks.

Denmark - Søndervig, Jutland

by pj's memories, on Flickr

Regards
Pat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10