Arillas general information / Re: Arillas Today
« Last post by kevin-beverly on Today at 12:50:37 PM »

Hi Patrick and Julia
Have a fantastic holiday take loads of pics

Kevin
Arillas general information / Re: Arillas Today
« Last post by patrickjohn on Today at 12:34:49 PM »
Hi
Will be arriving on the flight from Robin Hood around about 8.30pm this evening.  Look out for us and say hello!

North Beach, Arillas, Corfu

by pj's memories, on Flickr

Best wishes

Pat & Julia
Photo Gallery Board / Re: A to Z - Photographs of Arillas and Corfu
« Last post by soniaP on Today at 11:44:06 AM »
Great photo Kev. Not sorted mine out yet from this last holiday. Will do soon and start contributing again.
Arillas general information / Re: Corfu Rubbish Situation
« Last post by thinwhiteduke on Today at 11:43:58 AM »

Hi thinwhiteduke
I am sorry this spoiled your holiday itís not the people of Arillas or Corfu itís the Athens government did not have a plan once the land fill site was full. They can ship the rubbish to the mainland but the government do not want to spend they rather lose holiday makers and lose money in taxes the Greek government are twenty years behind sorry to say
I am working on a on line petition to send to The Corfu parliament I know some people will say it will do no good but you got try you never know

Us members go out from once to three time a year so Arillas has got something  so keep follow this thread and see what happens

Kevin

Still had a great time and love Arillas and I know that they did their best, but can't be doing with that unfortunately.

Terry i took a few sips hope you dont mind

HI
S FOR SUNSET ON THE TRIA

KEVIN
« Last post by kevin-beverly on Today at 07:52:10 AM »

Hi john

No John I am not having a go at you or anyone.
I just get annoyed About the Greek government not thinking ahead and putting plans in action
Stick together the stronger we are
Kevin
p/s
Thank you Harold saves me setting one up
Photo Gallery Board / Re: A to Z - Photographs of Arillas and Corfu
« Last post by TerryW on Today at 12:52:50 AM »
R has to be for Royal Ionian - Yammas

« Last post by TerryW on Today at 12:25:38 AM »
The one thing we can all do, is to keep going to Arillas. Many on here will be doing just that, and  have already booked for 2019. 
« Last post by JohnTheRef&Dot on Today at 12:11:49 AM »
What can be done to help
We take our rubbish with us and it is not left strewn across the beach or in the fields.
It is then disposed of into the rubbish bags where we stay but ultimately ends up being piled up with other rubbish bags.
Unfortunately we are able to do nothing about the situation. The appartment owner then does his part by getting rubbish moved, but because of the situation it  sometimes fails to reach its final destination.....
We are are helpless, it all falls on the authorities to resolve the matter.
I have no doubt it will be resolved eventually.
« Last post by TerryW on Yesterday at 11:32:06 PM »
My biggest problem with the rubbish problem is that it makes me very sad and very frustrated. Sad because a beautiful island is being spoilt, sad because the hard working Arillas people deserve better, and frustrated that the politicians and bureaucrats cannot agree a solution. There has to be a solution as people just can't live healthily and happily with this problem. Lastly, I am also frustrated because I don't know what I can do to help.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10