Author Topic: bardis sun hotel ?  (Read 20759 times)

Offline NORM&SANDY

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 12:20:50 AM »
hi guest
dont worry they are lovely with a very large pool were you can sit and drink and eat and drink and sit and drink and eat and drink,sorry got carried away
enjoy
norm

Anonymous

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 02:00:27 PM »
I too was looking forward to my holiday and had read lots of reviews. However, it didn't meet my expectatations, read what I have written below, if you've booked it go, its really nice weather, but if you are thinking about going don't go, not to bardis sun anyway.
Just back from Arillas, Corfu, stayed at Bardis Sun Studio. I thought it was disgusting. There is so much litter laying around arillas and corfu, you would think they didn't care about the tourist. Also there is a bad smell in certain places, it smells of sewage.

As for Bardis Sun studio, it was suppose to be quiet and relaxing, but the bar played really loud music till 1.00 am every morning. It was not very nice, the beds were uncomfortable and the sheets had been there since the dawn of time. The worst thing was the shower, the water went every where and even flooded out onto the corridor. There were mops along the corriders, supposedly for us to dry it up after. However the mops were sitting in disgusting water that had never been changed, which meant you were drying your floor with those dirty, germ ridden things. I didn't find the staff friendly, they were at the start, but I think when they realised we weren't spending money in their bar, it was a different story. Every day the pool was cleaned, but even after that insects and even bird droppings were in it. Don't go here, its cheap and dirty. I wish I had of spent extra money and went somwhere else. Don't be fooled by good reviews, that was the reason I went!!

Maggie1

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 09:48:37 PM »
So sorry that you didn't enjoy your trip, but I just have to say that when I was in Arillas, I walked past the Bardis Sun frequently, and I thought that it was rather quiet. Especially at night! They closed the bar early I think. As for the insects and bird droppings, well, I'm afraid you'll find them everywhere. There's not much you can do about insects, and part of the charm of Corfu is the amount of birds, especially the swallows. They nest in the rafters of all the buildings, and need to keep their feathers moist. They don't know that they shouldn't use the swimming pools for this purpose! I still think that Arillas is a very charming and extremely friendly place, and I would never stop going, whatever anybody says.I hope you have better luck with your choice next time. Maggie.

Anonymous

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2004, 11:22:24 AM »
I can remember sitting next to the pool very early in the morning just watching the birds taking a dip in the water :D .We enjoyed it :D .Im sorry you didnt enjoy your holiday :cry: .Have you been before :?:

Offline siobhan

Siobhan
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2004, 11:45:52 AM »
I know it is naturally for birds to use the pool, but when I have been on many other holidays the pool was scooped out every morning with a net. This was not done here. I just think its unhygienic and should at least be cleaned once a day.
I can assure you that the music did keep me awake as my room was directly opposite the bar. Although music was only played loud at night time, the time you'd like peace and quiet.

These are my experiences!!

BSS
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2004, 11:11:08 PM »
Having just returned from the Bardis Sun Studio I must say that I too was disappointed with the standard of accommodation. The rooms were far too small and the beds were terribly uncomfortable. The bar did play loud music each night and the staff were not as friendly as had been suggested in previous reviews. However I found the pool to be clean and well maintained. I must also say that I found the resort of Arillas to be a charming place. I would have no hesitation in returning to Arillas but I think I would look for better accommodation.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2004, 06:38:29 PM »
We stay at the bardis sun hotel not the studios for the reason that the rooms are bigger,the beds no more comfortable,and the bar is not open at night. If you want to go back to Arillas this is a good hotel to stay at.

Anonymous

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2004, 10:09:06 PM »
Best places to stay in my opinion in Arilas:

Kaloudis Village and Horizon Studios, both spotlessly clean.

Anonymous

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2004, 03:57:17 PM »
I stayed at Bardis Sun Hotel, and had a problem with the showers. I would try last suggestion for a place to stay.

Offline NORM&SANDY

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2004, 11:37:56 PM »
hi ti you all.
sorry for not repling to this topic resently but have been a tad busy.
i think that were ever you stay you will get a different appinion from someone else ,but it is just an oppinion and not a review and should not be taken as gospel,i have stayed at the mathraki studio,s many times and have not had one bad exsperiance but thats not to say its betteror worse than anywhere else and the same goes for the bardis sun hotel,if you dont like dont go back.
norm

bardis sun apartmets
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2004, 08:57:33 PM »
:cry:

BARDIS SUN STUDIOS AND ARILLAS - THE TRUTH

We've just returned after spending 2 weeks at the Bardis Sun Studios and we were not impressed.  The rooms are minute - smaller than any that we've ever seen in Greece - there is literally no room to swing a cat and we were contantly bangning our knees on the furniture - which was sparse and dated back to the 1960s!  Be careful not to touch anything because it is likely to fall apart or give you an electric shock.  The room was dirty and the curtain smelt of stale urine.  So needless to say, we did not spend a great amount of time in our apartment!  The balcony looked out onto the pool and although lacked any kind of privacy, it was quite convenient for us.  The bar plays loud music until 1.00 pm, which wouldn't be so bad if it were not for the Irish soaks and their kids shouting loudly about what a good 'crack' they were having right outside our balcony until the early hours.  

As for Poppy, Spiros and the family; they are lovely, very chatty and pleasant..... but their charm wears thin if you aren't prepared to spend all your euros at their bar.  

The pool was lovely and usually quite quiet during the day.  We could not fault its cleanliness.  We had a lovely time relaxing on the sun beds.
The beach itself was very close, but was again a bit disappointing.  Although very long in length, it is only about 3 metres wide.  Much of the beach was covered in large pebbles, which although very beautiful, were too uncomfortable to sit on.  Most of the spare beach is taken up by sunbeds, so there is little beach left if you just want to lay on your towel.  We found the beach to be very dirty, although it had won awards for its cleanliness.  There were cigarette butts and rubbish on the sand and in the sea and a disgusting stench of sewerage along much of it.  It was not a pleasant place to spend a lot of time.  Admittedly, the swimming was good when the sea was calm.  The sea is gently shelving, warm and free of jelly fish.  We enjoyed snorkelling around some rocks, but found that there seemed to be no restrictions on where the speedboats and other sports were allowed to go making swimming far out very dangerous.

We prefered to hire a scooter out and travel to nicer beaches further along the coast, such as Agios Georgios and Agios Stefanas.  There is only one place in Arillas where you can hire scooters, 'Arkokal Travel'.  We would not reccommend hiring anything or booking any trips with this company because they are extremely unprofessional and definitely 'on the scam'.  It is probaly better to make your way to one of the larger resorts if you want to do this, or book things through your travel company.

We travelled with Thomson, which we thought would be reliable, but were very disappointed with the quality of their accommodation.  We payed a lot of money to travel with them but will definitely not be doing so again.  We have travelled with companies such as Manos, Kosmar and Unijet in the past and have paid less for much better accommodation.  

Don't get me wrong.  We still had a wonderful holiday in Corfu.  the weather was great, company superb and we made the best of it.  Corfu is an amazing island and I would love to return.  The restaurants in Arillas are very dependable and we had lovely meals every evening.  We found the Chinese restaurant, 'The Wok' to be good value for money and the cuisine as good, if not better, than any Chinese back home. We have travelled to Greece many times and have not got unrealistic expectations of the Greek Islands.  We expected things to be basic.  It's quaint and part of the charm of the country and one of the reasons that we continue to return each year.  What we were unprepared for was the standard of accommodation that we found at  the Bardis Sun Studios and the dirtiness of the beach in Arillas.

I find it shocking that a place that depends so much on the money brought in by tourists is doing very little to attract new and returning visitors.  The Bardis Sun is in desperate need of renervation.  Just some white paint, new bedding and a new cleaner would be a start!  Arillas must spend some money cleaning up their beach if they want to continue to attract tourists.

I may sound like a whinging discontent, but I think that it is about time that people actually spoke the truth so that people know what to expect before they go on holiday.  It's bad enough the travel companies spouting b*** ***t in their brochures without people on forums, designed to inform people and give the tourists perspective, not telling the whole truth.

I am sure that many people will disagree with this post, but I am simply giving MY OPINION about MY HOLIDAY which will hopefully inform people better before they book or go away.

bardis sun apartmets
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2004, 08:58:15 PM »
:cry:

BARDIS SUN STUDIOS AND ARILLAS - THE TRUTH

We've just returned after spending 2 weeks at the Bardis Sun Studios and we were not impressed.  The rooms are minute - smaller than any that we've ever seen in Greece - there is literally no room to swing a cat and we were contantly bangning our knees on the furniture - which was sparse and dated back to the 1960s!  Be careful not to touch anything because it is likely to fall apart or give you an electric shock.  The room was dirty and the curtain smelt of stale urine.  So needless to say, we did not spend a great amount of time in our apartment!  The balcony looked out onto the pool and although lacked any kind of privacy, it was quite convenient for us.  The bar plays loud music until 1.00 pm, which wouldn't be so bad if it were not for the Irish soaks and their kids shouting loudly about what a good 'crack' they were having right outside our balcony until the early hours.  

As for Poppy, Spiros and the family; they are lovely, very chatty and pleasant..... but their charm wears thin if you aren't prepared to spend all your euros at their bar.  

The pool was lovely and usually quite quiet during the day.  We could not fault its cleanliness.  We had a lovely time relaxing on the sun beds.
The beach itself was very close, but was again a bit disappointing.  Although very long in length, it is only about 3 metres wide.  Much of the beach was covered in large pebbles, which although very beautiful, were too uncomfortable to sit on.  Most of the spare beach is taken up by sunbeds, so there is little beach left if you just want to lay on your towel.  We found the beach to be very dirty, although it had won awards for its cleanliness.  There were cigarette butts and rubbish on the sand and in the sea and a disgusting stench of sewerage along much of it.  It was not a pleasant place to spend a lot of time.  Admittedly, the swimming was good when the sea was calm.  The sea is gently shelving, warm and free of jelly fish.  We enjoyed snorkelling around some rocks, but found that there seemed to be no restrictions on where the speedboats and other sports were allowed to go making swimming far out very dangerous.

We prefered to hire a scooter out and travel to nicer beaches further along the coast, such as Agios Georgios and Agios Stefanas.  There is only one place in Arillas where you can hire scooters, 'Arkokal Travel'.  We would not reccommend hiring anything or booking any trips with this company because they are extremely unprofessional and definitely 'on the scam'.  It is probaly better to make your way to one of the larger resorts if you want to do this, or book things through your travel company.

We travelled with Thomson, which we thought would be reliable, but were very disappointed with the quality of their accommodation.  We payed a lot of money to travel with them but will definitely not be doing so again.  We have travelled with companies such as Manos, Kosmar and Unijet in the past and have paid less for much better accommodation.  

Don't get me wrong.  We still had a wonderful holiday in Corfu.  the weather was great, company superb and we made the best of it.  Corfu is an amazing island and I would love to return.  The restaurants in Arillas are very dependable and we had lovely meals every evening.  We found the Chinese restaurant, 'The Wok' to be good value for money and the cuisine as good, if not better, than any Chinese back home. We have travelled to Greece many times and have not got unrealistic expectations of the Greek Islands.  We expected things to be basic.  It's quaint and part of the charm of the country and one of the reasons that we continue to return each year.  What we were unprepared for was the standard of accommodation that we found at  the Bardis Sun Studios and the dirtiness of the beach in Arillas.

I find it shocking that a place that depends so much on the money brought in by tourists is doing very little to attract new and returning visitors.  The Bardis Sun is in desperate need of renervation.  Just some white paint, new bedding and a new cleaner would be a start!  Arillas must spend some money cleaning up their beach if they want to continue to attract tourists.

I may sound like a whinging discontent, but I think that it is about time that people actually spoke the truth so that people know what to expect before they go on holiday.  It's bad enough the travel companies spouting b*** ***t in their brochures without people on forums, designed to inform people and give the tourists perspective, not telling the whole truth.

I am sure that many people will disagree with this post, but I am simply giving MY OPINION about MY HOLIDAY which will hopefully inform people better before they book or go away.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2004, 10:46:08 AM »
i have stayed at the Bardis 4 times and am returning again next month orita who runs the poolside bar is friendly and helpfull, especially with help from her 2 year old. Her whole family will go out there way to help you if you need it, They all made us feel so welcome on or first trip abroad we keep returning. When we go next month it is our 2nd time this year.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2004, 09:38:53 PM »
8) Alex,
           Glad to hear it, when in September do you go?, We arrive on 25th
                                        Ivan

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2004, 11:15:35 PM »
hi ivan i will be there when you arrive, i go on the 17th till the 1st of october so i will see you then alex

Booking.com