Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020461 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9105 on: March 23, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »
Indeed dear Eggy! Keep them pictures coming and every single one is appreciated hugely during this confined to working from home thing that is happening. :)

Look after you and Wendy and stay safe and enjoy all the beauty 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9106 on: March 23, 2020, 05:43:56 PM »
I really do welcome all your advice/reassurance/comments/help from the UK. - I wish I knew more Greek to safely remain in the loop here. I rely on friends to keep me updated. - Brouklis is a life saver for this.
Wegg did our usual shop, this morning, with no trolley bashing, or fighting for loo rolls etc.

No Arillas today as I was helping an old pal of mine in Sidari. - Lives on his own , older than me!! (Can you believe that??) to take him shopping and set him up for a DVD player and DVD's plus Free to View TV. - He needs Sky News/Eurosport plus films to watch to keep him sane.
(A good ole guy and a valuable dart playing partner!!)

I will be around Arillas, tomorrow, for some walking exercise, so will tell y'all about going's on tomorrow.

Thanks again to all you super Arilliacs for your support. - I wish I had more knowledge of Greek language and reading. - I would welcome it!!
(Thrown in at the deep end now - sink or swim springs to mind)

and... Erja - You posted whilst I was posting. - Just to let you know I keep dreaming about you!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9107 on: March 24, 2020, 01:58:24 PM »
Hi Eggy,
Agree with everybody, please do keep posting, we were supposed to be coming over in June with family, first time for my grandkids. 
I love reading your posts and seeing the photos, always put a smile on my face.
Take care, stay safe and hopefully we will see you once this is all over.
Sharon and Billy

Offline peter and evie

« Reply #9108 on: March 24, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »
Cheers to all. - I quite often re-read my posts, looking for spelling errors etc, and felt they were becoming a tad "Yah-Boo-Sucks to you". Obviously not meant to be. - However, we awake , this morning, to news that stricter rules have been implemented by Greece. - Many are ignoring self ISO here. Police are enforced to stop and check anyone they believe are flouting the rules. I can read a little Greek and think there have been 16 deaths in Athens.
Dimitris will keep us all updated, I am sure.
Wegg off shopping this morning. - Our usual weekly shop so will update you when she returns.
... Meanwhile....... 12deg and rain, this morning. - I think we are still allowed out , for exercise , so may potter off, on my own, for a while.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9109 on: March 26, 2020, 06:54:47 PM »
Well Guys , including Peter n Evie who are "trainee Arilliacs" , but only on the posting side. That I am very sure of. - P n E , you have much time to learn!

Arillas Today brings a smidgeon of rain and 13 to 15deg temps.
With our home ISO , here, we all have to text a specific number, with a reason why we venture out. We then have an immediate "OK" reply. This is our proof we are out and about for a good reason. - If no phone there is a preprinted form, you take with you, indicating the reason you are out.
Passport/Resident Permit/ Driving license must be with us. A very good idea as it deters those "ISO Breakers".
(Allegedly 140 fines over the last 48 hours for flouting this rule. - and so it should be!!)
Tomorrow my reason will be exercise and I need it. No darts at the moment so all those "7ft 9's" back and thro, from the dartboard need to be put in motion.
and...... as Kevin knows, it takes me so long to hit a double. !!! - I generally walk many kilometres!!
anyway.....the camera will be with me so I hope to return, with photos, albeit totally exhausted.
Hope all is well with y'all there.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9110 on: March 27, 2020, 06:31:59 PM »
Another tad wet Arillas today, although not cold and no breeze. Twas 16 deg  AT 6:30pm and then we had some heavy drizzle which saw the temp pop down to 15deg very quickly.
Some beach pics for you, after my "authorised" exercise , this afternoon.

and........ this one for Truth (Karl)

Now rendered , Karl. ( Hope you are all well there )

and..... this one for Kevin to get his (false??) teeth into, - What is is??? - One of many taken on the beach front.

Cheers Guys
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9111 on: March 28, 2020, 09:11:17 AM »
Hello mate,
How are you and Wend?
Alls ok here Neil thanks , as well as be be expected anyway. The outside of my properties looking good anyway with all this 'working from home ' 😂 . Fences / shed/garage all painted and ready for Summer, house to paint next and drives/paths to be jetwashed . I run or cycle every morning and then take Libs to the canal for an hour every afternoon for a walk/cycle/feed the ducks, keeping our distance from others ofcourse 👍
The appartments are coming on nicely, how many are there, just the 4 ? Are they on the bend by Vincermos or higher up the lane than that , closer to Bardis? There looked to be a few 'goings on' in the lower field by Vincermos last Summer, only bits like a piece or red and white tape at the entrance to it 😂
Cheers
Truth
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9112 on: March 28, 2020, 10:03:59 AM »
Cheers Karl , all so far so good.
Those appts are nearly opposite the entrance to Bardis Sun.

and we have these others here....

nearly opposite Marguerita Taverna (on the back track to Arillas beach.
plus....... "goings on" at Thalassa.

Tis all taking shape but, obviously , with ISO, and buider's yards being closed. Work has come to a virtual standstill.

Arilas today starts at 12 deg and dry, this morning , so a chance to get get the "Timbercare" out and outside furniture attacked. - Great!!! (Bah humbug)
Cheers
Negg

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9113 on: March 28, 2020, 01:03:29 PM »
Keep up the good work Eggy,your photos are helping to lift our gloom over here,looking more like we will not be able to make May,(just waiting on Tui,the government and the Greek government)
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9114 on: March 28, 2020, 04:07:34 PM »
To say it is a struggle, for us, here would not be acceptable. - We have yet to face what you guys in the UK are facing.
Heard today that a Belgium passenger, who flew in a couple of days ago, is now under ISO. I feel that the Greeks have it spot on here and although an " Ass Pain" for the likes of me who go out every afternoon, it is the proper procedure to follow. My Fireman neighbour , for example, I am told , works 14 days on then takes 14 days ISo.

So.... Arillas today is a hunky dory 18deg and quiet. - No work going on, at the new builds of, Mega Lithari.

and... I wonderwhat this build will be? - Just down from Lithari but still on their land.

possibly an on-site Taverna/restaurant/bar... who knows??
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9115 on: March 30, 2020, 12:39:38 PM »

Hi

New sign on the beach at Arillas

sorry Patrick no go haha

Kev

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9116 on: March 30, 2020, 05:19:16 PM »
Oh, but that's no problem, as in my head I'm only 20 years old!

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9117 on: March 30, 2020, 06:41:57 PM »
PJ - In my head I'm only 20 , as well. - Until I have to get up that ****dy ladder!!

Arillas today hovers around 21 deg. - Bugger , 21 deg and nowt to do with it except finish railing painting and weed garden plots.
Exciting morning, planned for avrio though, is a tad of strimming. - PJ - where are you with that mower of yours, and broken is no excuse!
Cheers
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9118 on: March 30, 2020, 07:07:27 PM »
Got my new mower and finished the back lawn and then did the front lawn.  However weather is now January rather that spring so too cold for gardening.  Glad to know you are planning a bit of strimming - I find that a bit noisy though.  Best wishes - Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #9119 on: March 31, 2020, 04:30:29 PM »
Eggy
Arillas beach would not be the same without pat and his speedo,s 🤔🤔😵yammas my freind

Booking.com